We have at this moment problems with e-mails coming to us via Microsoft servers (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, etc). We are in contact with Microsoft to solve this issue.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Arcraft: Twin Otter (for MFS)

Very early days but at least you can see we have started the project. This is NOT a conversion but everything will be done new, to the latest standards.

As we have expanded our internal aircraft development team we are now able to run tow full size projects at the same time.

Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (62).png

Screenshot (63).png

• Like 10

I'll make guesses now because it's sure to be asked. :)

1. Since all coding is new, any discount for those who own the previous editions? (Guess is no discount)
  2. At least one other question sure to come up again is will there be the Viking -400 version? (Guess is "Not decided yet")

"Just, take my money....."

(But not too much, Covid stole my job;) )

Needless to say, many happy hours pottering around Antarctica in the FSX version. Definitely looking forward to this.

Sorry if I'm about to spoil the party but I have some doubts: Seeing that the turboprop behaviour of the TBM/KingAir/Caravan in MSFS is mediocre (to be modest) I would very much like you to confirm that the flight model and SDK has the potential for a full fledged (or at least modest) PT-6 simulation.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden , Tom_L sagte:

Sorry if I'm about to spoil the party but I have some doubts: Seeing that the turboprop behaviour of the TBM/KingAir/Caravan in MSFS is mediocre (to be modest) I would very much like you to confirm that the flight model and SDK has the potential for a full fledged (or at least modest) PT-6 simulation.

To be exact, do you think the beta range can finally be properly simulated??

And: What are the chances that the ground handeling (gound friction!) can finally be made as it should be in the new simulator?

If those 2 things can be done well, then it will be one of the first addons I will buy for MSFS, when I'm gonna get the new sim at some time in future.

I hope to finally be able to properly maneuvers the seaplane version for docking, undocking, tight turns etc using asymetrical thrust :)

Thank you Aerosoft for Bringing my Favourite plane to MSFS ❤️

1 hour ago, flyerdu973 said:

I hope to finally be able to properly maneuvers the seaplane version for docking, undocking, tight turns etc using asymetrical thrust :)

Thank you Aerosoft for Bringing my Favourite plane to MSFS ❤️

You can with the existing one just like any other twin IIRC, as long as you have the power levers (aka throttles) separated in the controller assignments. You can even have one prop in beta and one with positive thrust for those really tight turns.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

You can with the existing one just like any other twin IIRC, as long as you have the power levers (aka throttles) separated in the controller assignments. You can even have one prop in beta and one with positive thrust for those really tight turns.

In FSX, trust me, I tried ;) and its absolutely not realistic, I had to makes Laf At Max thrust and right at Max Reverse to have the plane to just rotate, the water in FSX feels like cream, in Real Life, the throttle managemnt to maneuvers is smoother, I dont know if you see swhat I mean (I am French so I might explain badly)

in MSFS2020, the water feels liquid, I've been plating with the Icon A5, its realistic enough to have the plane to align with the wind :D (only Waves physics and splash effects are missing)

I guess I'll have to re-install mine again in P3D (my FSX is long gone) and see how it does. I do have some time IRL in a DHC-6 on floats (In fact, my only DHC-6 time) and although years ago, I remember it was a bit ponderous on the water. Trying to move those big floats the smallest bit in a circle took some power.

As for your English, it's just fine, and far better than my French. You were quite understandable. I took your original post to mean it couldn't be done, and I think now what you're really trying to say is that it's just not realistic in FSX. If so, it's as much the FSX water physics (or lack of) that's at least as much the problem as the Twin Otter programming. Just an opinion.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tom_L said:

Aerosoft: We're going to make this new aircraft. It is work in progress.

Reader reaction: I don't think I will like it, it will probably be just as bad as the default aircraft made by another company. Please do a perfect simulation of all my favorite subsystems!

Oh, that was quick.

@Mathijs Kok Don't worry, go for it!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

vor 5 Stunden , Bert Laverman sagte:

Reader reaction: I don't think I will like it, it will probably be just as bad as the default aircraft made by another company. Please do a perfect simulation of all my favorite subsystems!

So being a flight sim enthusiast acc. to your signature you wouldn't mind having just another simulation of a turpoprop airplane that doesn't resemble the basic functions of the engine? And as I don't consider the engine as the most neglectable subsystem of an airplane I expressed my hopes the developers can and will overcome the deficites of the turboprop simulation we have seen since FSX and now in MSFS. But I grant you: my comment was a bit too much on the negative side and take the opportunity for a rewording:

I am enthusiastic for the Twotter provided the SDK and flightmodel will allow the developers to implement at least the basic functionality of a turboprop engine, and that would in fact be Beta Range and the correct correlation of Torque vs. ITT over Altitude. I have seen parameters in the config files of the MSFS Turpoprop aircraft that may hint at such possibilities without the need for an external simulation like Majestic have done with their Dash8 Q400 (and to some extend Milviz with the B350i). But as I am not a Software Architect and Developer, I seek the expertise of insiders, and that would be the developers in this case. So: Can and/or will it be done?

To be clear, we do not know but we will sure try. This is however intended as a medium priced product that will be usable on Xbox consoles (we have already mapped all the controls we need toi the buttons and axis on Xbox controllers etc). Do not read that in any way as an indication it will be a simplified model, it's not. It's just that there will be a lot of Xbox users and we want to include them.

Thx. So let's wait and check on release day.

Exciting news! Are we going to see the updated PFD as an option or still the analog one found in the Twotter Extended?

and I’m assuming -100 and -300 variants similar to the Twotter Extended as well?

Awesome news! Good luck with all the work, and count me among the customers for this new version of the twin otter. Fingers crossed for a 2020 release, but 2021 will also work. 

20 hours ago, Tom_L said:

So being a flight sim enthusiast acc. to your signature you wouldn't mind having just another simulation of a turpoprop airplane that doesn't resemble the basic functions of the engine? And as I don't consider the engine as the most neglectable subsystem of an airplane I expressed my hopes the developers can and will overcome the deficites of the turboprop simulation we have seen since FSX and now in MSFS. But I grant you: my comment was a bit too much on the negative side and take the opportunity for a rewording:

I am enthusiastic for the Twotter provided the SDK and flightmodel will allow the developers to implement at least the basic functionality of a turboprop engine, and that would in fact be Beta Range and the correct correlation of Torque vs. ITT over Altitude. I have seen parameters in the config files of the MSFS Turpoprop aircraft that may hint at such possibilities without the need for an external simulation like Majestic have done with their Dash8 Q400 (and to some extend Milviz with the B350i). But as I am not a Software Architect and Developer, I seek the expertise of insiders, and that would be the developers in this case. So: Can and/or will it be done?

Tom, my apologies if you thought my remark was to indicate that I would accept a low quality of the engine simulation, that was definitely not my intent. I was remarking on the comparison with MSFS 2020 default aircraft, which is almost never a fair comparison given their intended target of "beginner" or "casual" simulator pilots, contrasted with the quest for a full-fledged PT-6 simulation, which could be a multi-man-year effort depending on the level of fidelity.

If you've read the "work in progress" product forum for some time, you'll notice that updated versions for aircraft tend to generate a lot of responses from people who fly the current version, delighting in seeing the improvements in quality the new or upgraded platform offers. Eventually however, there will be people who, rather than inquiring about the intended level of systems simulation, will start a new thread by claiming the aircraft will be totally lacking any semblance of acceptability without their favorite system being simulated to the most exacting detail, either from a basic operational point of view (like A2A does with engines), or from a failure point of view. (like PMDG does with their Boeing aircraft) In some cases Mathijs will respond that the systems are indeed going to get some detailed attention, but, especially when the initial post has a very detailed description of some scenario that the average pilot will never encounter outside of a simulator, or the detail level requested would require several additional man-years of development time, he will sadly conclude that the product in question will probably not be fit for the poster.

However, these postings tend to show up a bit later in the process, and certainly not on page 1. Hence the "That was fast!"

So let's wait and see what the extended team at Aerosoft can do for us!

• Like 1

@Mathijs Kok Would there be an avionics master which this time? That would be so convenient instead of having to turn on the avionics switch by switch. 

8 hours ago, CaptianJab said:

@Mathijs Kok Would there be an avionics master which this time? That would be so convenient instead of having to turn on the avionics switch by switch. 

If the model we base our aircraft on has one, yes. If not, no.

• Like 1

On 15.9.2020 at 17:30, Herman sagte:

I'll make guesses now because it's sure to be asked. :)

1. Since all coding is new, any discount for those who own the previous editions? (Guess is no discount)
  2. At least one other question sure to come up again is will there be the Viking -400 version? (Guess is "Not decided yet")

You forgot:

3. Will it have wing flex? (Guess is "Oh boy, have you ever seen a twotter's wing flex?!?" ;) )

Really glad to hear this will be coming, my favourite Add-on. Brings to mind another Canadian legend the Bush Hawk.

This could be an interesting one, hopefully we get something more advanced as discussed within the Twin Otter Extended Extended topic.
There was a pretty long feature request list on what simmers would like to see when getting a new version back in 2017 ;)
Let's see if I get my brush out again for this one...

• Like 2