Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

5 hours ago, flyerdu973 said:

I think its going to be available on SimMarked and Aerosoft Store as well ;)

I didn't used the MSFS Marketplace at all (only for the WorldUpdates and Aviator Liveries) thats strange anyway 😕

I hope you're right. Just checked the latest on the active ticket - as far as they can see all the accounts are right and have no suggestions but have bumped it up to the next level whatever that is for further investigation. If I had to sit here looking at the Otter listed in the marketplace and couldn't get it I would probably toss a brick through the monitor.  The only addon I've been able to purchase was ORBX Sydney. Cheers 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PeteB said:

I hope you're right

I can say that am pretty sure actually :) If you look, you can see that all sceneries are also on SimMarket and Aerosoft, so why not Aircrafts? , I'm pretty sure that selling Only on MarketPlace is NOT a good Idea, it would be a Loss.

But I think the only one who can confirm here is @Mathijs Kok

I hope I helped you ;)

33 minutes ago, flyerdu973 said:

I can say that am pretty sure actually :) If you look, you can see that all sceneries are also on SimMarket and Aerosoft, so why not Aircrafts? , I'm pretty sure that selling Only on MarketPlace is NOT a good Idea, it would be a Loss.

I hope I helped you ;)

Aerosoft will sell their own products and partner products on their own website, 

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2021 at 2:55 PM, flyerdu973 said:

@DHC6 With this name, I see you are a man of Culture as well :)

I didnt knew Buffalo go Twotters, I can't fing pics of it on Google :(

Air Tindi yess, and how about Air Inuit :) TwOtter Extended had the Old Livery with BushWheels, maybe we will get the New Livery? :)

Another good Twotter livery from northern Canada would be from North-Wright Airways

On 2/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, flyerdu973 said:

On FSX, they made all Types:

-Wheel

-Wheel/Skis

-Ski

-Amphibian

-Floats

-IFG (Intermediate Floatation Gears) (AKA Bush Tires, the Big ones)

I Think we can expect the same here ;)

Yes Ski's and Tundra tires are a must...

Would love floats as well if it could be done!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 2:46 AM, flyerdu973 said:

I hope I helped you ;)

Yes thanks as was Mathijs statement - Just have to wait along with every one else now. Cheers

• Like 1

• Root Admin
10 hours ago, Brenden Bremner said:

Is there an update on the release date for this? The progress seems to be relatively quick. Or is it still planned to be released in September or October this year

Hopefully before that.

• Like 1

My MSFS has been sitting in the hangar for quite some time because there are no really decent aircraft available that have an acceptable system depth (just my subjective opinion).

In this respect, I really hope for an early release of the Twinotter. Very much before September 😉

• Root Admin

JaeEon is hard at work on the animations, ignore the static prop of course.

Propeller blur.jpg

Also most of the decals have been glued on. All needs some dirt but the detail is there!

All so beautifully sharp in the sim.

Label decals.jpg

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

JaeEon is hard at work on the animations, ignore the static prop of course.

Propeller blur.jpg

Also most of the decals have been glued on. All needs some dirt but the detail is there!

All so beautifully sharp in the sim.

Label decals.jpg

Exactly what I was looking for! Keep on feeding me with those Pics :D

The devs are truely talented here!!! I can't wait !!!!

• Root Admin

Anne also did some great work btw...  I told her you nerds would love to see images from how she is experimenting with lights and reflections.

picture_03.PNG

picture_04.PNG

Want to see how that looks in the tools?

picture_01.PNG

What you see here are is the UV Mapping is a projection function which projects a pixel of a 2d pixel source (also called a texture map) onto a 3d surface (called mesh or geometry). The useful mathematical fact used here is the existence of the "manifold" which is a surface with at least a dimension less than its host vector space.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Looking great all, do let me know if you want any help videos or info on systems or sounds...

The hydraulic actuator noise would be a great addition as whenever you turn the master/Batt switch on it will top up the accumulator pressure with a signature wine! Also excessive use of breaks will cause the system pressure to decrease quickly so you can often hear this sound again when applying the breaks or taxiing.

You can hear this sound here at 0:11

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Anne also did some great work btw...  I told her you nerds would love to see images from how she is experimenting with lights and reflections.

picture_03.PNG

picture_04.PNG

picture_01.PNG

What you see here are is the UV Mapping is a projection function which projects a pixel of a 2d pixel source (also called a texture map) onto a 3d surface (called mesh or geometry). The useful mathematical fact used here is the existence of the "manifold" which is a surface with at least a dimension less than its host vector space.

Do u by any chance know whats connecting the 2 yokes so they turn identical on the plane? 😄 (best guess is a tiny steel wire or a chain like on a a bike)🤷🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

picture_03.PNG

picture_04.PNG

picture_01.PNG

Thank you Mathijs!!!! (and Anne of course :) ) I love its Already :D !!!!!