Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

Something I really wish is good Physic for the Float version, to be able to perform docking and undocking maneuvers: (No need to ask about the TMA Livery, since its a Must have as default livery for the Float version as they are the Biggest Seaplane Operator in the world :P)

Now we just need Asobo Studio to fix Waves interaction with the Seaplanes :P (And Maldives Scenery hahaha ;) )

You are going an Amazing Job, devs  :)

• Root Admin
25 minutes ago, flyerdu973 said:

Something I really wish is good Physic for the Float version, to be able to perform docking and undocking maneuvers: (No need to ask about the TMA Livery, since its a Must have as default livery for the Float version as they are the Biggest Seaplane Operator in the world :P

Now we just need Asobo Studio to fix Waves interaction with the Seaplanes :P (And Maldives Scenery hahaha ;) )

You are going an Amazing Job, devs  :)

Ahhh I agree on that.  In Como I have flown floaters a bit and FSX ands P3D don't even come close to what is should be.  It is super complex, dangerous and difficult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

Ahhh I agree on that.  In Como I have flown floaters a bit and FSX ands P3D don't even come close to what is should be.  It is super complex, dangerous and difficult.

Exactly :)

I remember I had to Have Full Throttle and Max Reverse to make the plane slowly rotate, but when I wanted to go back to normal, the plane just go high speed forward... hahaha, so I used Slew mode for Docking :(

Same works for Taxiing, eithers its too slow, or brutally sharp, but no way to use asymetrical thrust reasticly :)

43 minutes ago, captain7777 said:

Question about the nose wheel tire size I have seen different sizes in real world will this be the same in the sim?

p1040094.jpg

Configuration Ad Sample 3_0.jpg

On FSX, they made all Types:

-Wheel

-Wheel/Skis

-Ski

-Amphibian

-Floats

-IFG (Intermediate Floatation Gears) (AKA Bush Tires, the Big ones)

I Think we can expect the same here ;)

• Root Admin
21 hours ago, flyerdu973 said:

On FSX, they made all Types:

-Wheel

-Wheel/Skis

-Ski

-Amphibian

-Floats

-IFG (Intermediate Floatation Gears) (AKA Bush Tires, the Big ones)

I Think we can expect the same here ;)

Indeed,. might not be all in the initial release though, we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Root Admin
13 minutes ago, flyerdu973 said:

Just like for FSX, I remember new variants came up as update :)

Correct. When we got stuff that works we rather send it out and update and add then leave it just for me to play with. I have never been afraid to release and update. 

• Like 2

Mathijs, any plans to integrate jump aircraft liveries? The Super or Twin Otter is iconic to the skydiving world. I have thousands of hours in the back and jumping out of them.  Occasionally I got to fly right-seat prior to jumprun. ;)  In the military we call it the UV-18, when called on for contract air ops. 

Image result for twin otter british antarctic survey

I'd love to see the BAS livery included - I live near Cambridge and visited the headquarters here back when I was in college studying for Engineering. They do some seriously cool stuff!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

New images. Anne is experimenting with the cloth sides of the cockpit.  It's complex as it takes a lot of geometry to get the true 3D idea and that is hard on frames and memory. 

She'll get there!

wandverkleidung_02.PNG

wandverkleidung_01.PNG

Jay Eon is still making good steps with the exterior.  The tweaks he is doing really make the aircraft look good. Still needs some mud and dust though!

detail_02.jpg

detail_03.jpg

detail_05.jpg

detail_01.jpg

detail_04.jpg

You're spoiling me, Mathijs 😁

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

New images. Anne is experimenting with the cloth sides of the cockpit.  It's complex as it takes a lot of geometry to get the true 3D idea and that is hard on frames and memory. 

She'll get there!

wandverkleidung_02.PNG

wandverkleidung_01.PNG

Jay Eon is still making good steps with the exterior.  The tweaks he is doing really make the aircraft look good. Still needs some mud and dust though!

detail_02.jpg

detail_03.jpg

detail_05.jpg

detail_01.jpg

detail_04.jpg

This is Litterally SEXI :D

You devs: You are doing an Incredible job here !!!! I can't wait for it !!!!

6 hours ago, Romatrikio said:

Image result for twin otter british antarctic survey

I'd love to see the BAS livery included - I live near Cambridge and visited the headquarters here back when I was in college studying for Engineering. They do some seriously cool stuff!

Well, I'm pretty sure the Wheel/Skis version is planned, so if the livery is not there by defaut, I'm sure somes Livery Artist will give it some love :)

On my end, I wish to see TMA, Aircalin, Winair, Air Loyautée, FlyBe/LoganAir (RIP) and many more Hahaha :P I think they will only show up as 3rd Party Liveries (Maybe TMA and Winair could be by default as they are well known)

I dont Think Mathijs knows about it :)

• Thanks 1

since people are talking liveries...

being in Canada...

Air Tindi

and the lengendary Buffalo Airways now has a Twin Otter with their Buffalo green.

I am another one eagerly watching and looking forward to buying the sim just for this.

Hi Mathijs - like others on this forum I'm really hanging out for my favorite AC through the years in FSX and X-Plane. Will you be selling direct as well as in the MSFS Marketplace ? Since buying MSFS I have been unable to purchase anything through the SIM Marketplace since installation and still have an open ticket lodged 26 Dec 20. Cheers Pete

10 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Hi Mathijs - like others on this forum I'm really hanging out for my favorite AC through the years in FSX and X-Plane. Will you be selling direct as well as in the MSFS Marketplace ? Since buying MSFS I have been unable to purchase anything through the SIM Marketplace since installation and still have an open ticket lodged 26 Dec 20. Cheers Pete

I think its going to be available on SimMarked and Aerosoft Store as well ;)

I didn't used the MSFS Marketplace at all (only for the WorldUpdates and Aviator Liveries) thats strange anyway 😕