Jump to content

Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter


Mathijs Kok
 Share

Recommended Posts

Something I really wish is good Physic for the Float version, to be able to perform docking and undocking maneuvers: (No need to ask about the TMA Livery, since its a Must have as default livery for the Float version as they are the Biggest Seaplane Operator in the world :P)

 

 

Now we just need Asobo Studio to fix Waves interaction with the Seaplanes :P (And Maldives Scenery hahaha ;) )

 

You are going an Amazing Job, devs  :)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
25 minutes ago, flyerdu973 said:

Something I really wish is good Physic for the Float version, to be able to perform docking and undocking maneuvers: (No need to ask about the TMA Livery, since its a Must have as default livery for the Float version as they are the Biggest Seaplane Operator in the world :P

 

Now we just need Asobo Studio to fix Waves interaction with the Seaplanes :P (And Maldives Scenery hahaha ;) )

 

You are going an Amazing Job, devs  :)

 

 

 

Ahhh I agree on that.  In Como I have flown floaters a bit and FSX ands P3D don't even come close to what is should be.  It is super complex, dangerous and difficult.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Ahhh I agree on that.  In Como I have flown floaters a bit and FSX ands P3D don't even come close to what is should be.  It is super complex, dangerous and difficult.

Exactly :)

I remember I had to Have Full Throttle and Max Reverse to make the plane slowly rotate, but when I wanted to go back to normal, the plane just go high speed forward... hahaha, so I used Slew mode for Docking :(

 

Same works for Taxiing, eithers its too slow, or brutally sharp, but no way to use asymetrical thrust reasticly :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, captain7777 said:

Question about the nose wheel tire size I have seen different sizes in real world will this be the same in the sim?

 

p1040094.jpg

Configuration Ad Sample 3_0.jpg

On FSX, they made all Types:

-Wheel

-Wheel/Skis

-Ski

-Amphibian

-Floats

-IFG (Intermediate Floatation Gears) (AKA Bush Tires, the Big ones)

I Think we can expect the same here ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
21 hours ago, flyerdu973 said:

On FSX, they made all Types:

-Wheel

-Wheel/Skis

-Ski

-Amphibian

-Floats

-IFG (Intermediate Floatation Gears) (AKA Bush Tires, the Big ones)

I Think we can expect the same here ;)

 

Indeed,. might not be all in the initial release though, we'll see.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
13 minutes ago, flyerdu973 said:

Just like for FSX, I remember new variants came up as update :)

 

Correct. When we got stuff that works we rather send it out and update and add then leave it just for me to play with. I have never been afraid to release and update. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mathijs, any plans to integrate jump aircraft liveries? The Super or Twin Otter is iconic to the skydiving world. I have thousands of hours in the back and jumping out of them.  Occasionally I got to fly right-seat prior to jumprun. ;)  In the military we call it the UV-18, when called on for contract air ops. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Image result for twin otter british antarctic survey

 

I'd love to see the BAS livery included - I live near Cambridge and visited the headquarters here back when I was in college studying for Engineering. They do some seriously cool stuff!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

New images. Anne is experimenting with the cloth sides of the cockpit.  It's complex as it takes a lot of geometry to get the true 3D idea and that is hard on frames and memory. 

She'll get there!

 

 

wandverkleidung_02.PNG

 

wandverkleidung_01.PNG

 

Jay Eon is still making good steps with the exterior.  The tweaks he is doing really make the aircraft look good. Still needs some mud and dust though!

 

detail_02.jpg

 

detail_03.jpg

 

 

detail_05.jpg

 

detail_01.jpg

 

detail_04.jpg

 

 

 

You're spoiling me, Mathijs 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

New images. Anne is experimenting with the cloth sides of the cockpit.  It's complex as it takes a lot of geometry to get the true 3D idea and that is hard on frames and memory. 

She'll get there!

 

 

wandverkleidung_02.PNG

 

wandverkleidung_01.PNG

 

Jay Eon is still making good steps with the exterior.  The tweaks he is doing really make the aircraft look good. Still needs some mud and dust though!

 

detail_02.jpg

 

detail_03.jpg

 

 

detail_05.jpg

 

detail_01.jpg

 

detail_04.jpg

 

 

This is Litterally SEXI :D

 

You devs: You are doing an Incredible job here !!!! I can't wait for it !!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Romatrikio said:

Image result for twin otter british antarctic survey

 

I'd love to see the BAS livery included - I live near Cambridge and visited the headquarters here back when I was in college studying for Engineering. They do some seriously cool stuff!

Well, I'm pretty sure the Wheel/Skis version is planned, so if the livery is not there by defaut, I'm sure somes Livery Artist will give it some love :)

 

On my end, I wish to see TMA, Aircalin, Winair, Air Loyautée, FlyBe/LoganAir (RIP) and many more Hahaha :P I think they will only show up as 3rd Party Liveries (Maybe TMA and Winair could be by default as they are well known)

 

I dont Think Mathijs knows about it :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

since people are talking liveries...

being in Canada...

 

Air Tindi

and the lengendary Buffalo Airways now has a Twin Otter with their Buffalo green.

 

I am another one eagerly watching and looking forward to buying the sim just for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Mathijs - like others on this forum I'm really hanging out for my favorite AC through the years in FSX and X-Plane. Will you be selling direct as well as in the MSFS Marketplace ? Since buying MSFS I have been unable to purchase anything through the SIM Marketplace since installation and still have an open ticket lodged 26 Dec 20. Cheers Pete

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Hi Mathijs - like others on this forum I'm really hanging out for my favorite AC through the years in FSX and X-Plane. Will you be selling direct as well as in the MSFS Marketplace ? Since buying MSFS I have been unable to purchase anything through the SIM Marketplace since installation and still have an open ticket lodged 26 Dec 20. Cheers Pete

I think its going to be available on SimMarked and Aerosoft Store as well ;)

I didn't used the MSFS Marketplace at all (only for the WorldUpdates and Aviator Liveries) thats strange anyway 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...