Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

48 minutes ago, AviationEnthusiast1 said:

They clearly haven’t done any testing for the Xbox version whatsoever because almost none of the buttons work making it unflyable.  

I'd suggest you go to the PMDG forums and look before making any comments like this against a top developer with 25 years because it's a well known issue affect 10% of users that PMDG nor MS know what's causing it or had the issues whilst testing

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, AviationEnthusiast1 said:

My apologies if the comment came across as going “against” PMDG, I really respect the work they do because they always pay very close attention to both modeling and the systems in the aircraft. The 737 they’re working on looks awesome!

As for the DC6, knowing PMDG they will probably have a patch out in the coming days. 

No worries, I spend a lot of time round the PMDG forum and I know from a recent interview they are trying to pull out all the stops for MSFS, I think the xbox issue is just an unfortunate teething issue and as you say they'll have it fixed ASAP

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, AviationEnthusiast1 said:

My apologies if the comment came across as going “against” PMDG, I really respect the work they do because they always pay very close attention to both modeling and the systems in the aircraft. The 737 they’re working on looks awesome!

As for the DC6, knowing PMDG they will probably have a patch out in the coming days. 

I don’t really care what you say about PMDG. I just care that you are high jacking this thread. Surely there is a PMDG forum somewhere that you can vent you feelings about them. But not here Please!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, AviationEnthusiast1 said:

I think the comments were a bit misinterpreted. Let's close this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, catchymussel said:

I wish that is the real Aerosoft Twin Otter, then this fleet would be complete (Livery Required wink wink) :D

958252700_MicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_11.25-20_40_38_92.thumb.png.c0d8e86c7e0afcce7dfe46ed4aaa4e2d.png1569198758_MicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_11.25-20_40_18_15.thumb.png.b03d227e723d4c1b9d500e8992e3c33a.png310396932_MicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_11.25-20_41.45_11.thumb.png.0e39d9da4456ccad054a334883f241b4.png

Wow! great pics that also made my itch go "itch-ier" 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm picking 17 December for release. Mathijs teased it being not long before Christmas, and 17 December (1903 if you need to google it) is kind of an important date for aviation.  

More than happy to be proven wrong though, credit card locked and loaded and holding short ...  :-)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, chairman said:

I'm picking 17 December for release. Mathijs teased it being not long before Christmas, and 17 December (1903 if you need to google it) is kind of an important date for aviation.  

More than happy to be proven wrong though, credit card locked and loaded and holding short ...  :-)

The Simworks Kodiak is being released on this date, 17th December.

This is another aircraft I will be acquiring for bush operations in PNG 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, catchymussel said:

The [not the aerosoft twotter] is being released on this date, 17th December.

This is another aircraft I will be acquiring for bush operations in PNG 

Most of us will but hush, we must not speak of other devs or their addons in this place. 

😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, louis_was_here said:

Hello! 

I wish someone is working on the Canadian Air Force rescue livery, I would pay for it :)

0073354.jpg

Oh, I didn’t know RCAF used TwOtters…. :). NOW I need this in my life.

• Like 1

Days and weeks before the CRJ came out i was eager to learn every and anything about the first (near) study level airplane coming to MSFS2020. And I got sucked in by "The Dude"'s introductory videos from startup to shutdown. Hell.I'd say there are people who bought the CRJ, watched the videos, took in the feeling and (over complexity) never took off anyways. To cut things short.. Will we see pre-release tutorials, teasers, etc. ?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Henning Eenboom said:

And I got sucked in by "The Dude"'s introductory videos from startup to shutdown. Hell.I'd say there are people who bought the CRJ, watched the videos, took in the feeling and (over complexity) never took off anyways. To cut things short.. Will we see pre-release tutorials, teasers, etc. ?

lol been there done that, bought the CRJ on release, got so freaked out about how complex it was based on those videos that I literally only flew it once until a couple of months ago. Now my startup is simbrief, batteries, APU, INS to nav, tablet, FMC, hydraulic pumps , push and start, quick scan of the panels for packs probes etc, go. Cold and dark to taxi in under 10 minutes and it's becoming one of my favourite planes. Some people are right into spending 40 minutes running through checklists setting the plane up (I used to be one of them), I just like to get in the air and fly (in fairness old sims were more about accurate flight and systems models than scenery).

I presume the twotter will be similarly complex if you want it to be, or be fine if you just want to grip it and rip it, and it flies slow and low enough that it really encourages you to get in the air as fast as you can to enjoy the view. Can't wait to find out !

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I hope much the MSFS Twin Otter is near to the Twin Otter Extended, maybe with more / deeper features. Working circuit breakers would be cool. Cant wait to work with the checklists, to start, to care about the engines at a long distance flight, always an eye at the fuel and for a rescue landing spot til i land the bird at the destination… 

• Upvote 1

I was watching someone's flight of an XP11 Twotter to get some idea of what it takes to start one in a sim, and... well, it's not very much, so I don't think that'll be a problem. It's not like the 20s of an Islander, but well, it's a *bit* more complicated 😛

Is it coming with the paintkit?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, chairman said:

Most of us will but hush, we must not speak of other devs or their addons in this place. 

😉

Agreed!  I just want the best for the Aerosoft Twin Otter and I don't think releasing the same day as any other aircraft is sensible

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, catchymussel said:

Agreed!  I just want the best for the Aerosoft Twin Otter and I don't think releasing the same day as any other aircraft is sensible

Not when they have similar roles no.  It makes far more sense to release things at the start of the week so your support team have some weekdays to fix anything gamebreaking and the youtubers have 3-4 days to get it onto people's screens going into the weekend before Christmas, and I really hope I'm wrong about it, but ...  17th of December ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1