Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

All things shown for the Twin Otter model for MSFS are looking great so far!

Late to  the show regarding rendered copilot, but still here are my thoughts: I'm one of the new flight simmers that MS FS 2020 brought into your (our) community. To me everything is new. Right now in many smaller planes I need to switch or dial something on the copilot's side of the cockpit. I often switch the copilot's yoke to invisible because it obstructs my view to the switches/gauges/dials. If I imagine having a rendered copilot's knees or his hands/arms blocking my access or view to his side of the instrument panel I guess I'd switch him off/disable the option. Also when flying non-VR I mostly use the quick "look right" option to look out of the side windows (and not the look by mouse feature). Right now if my copilot's head would obstruct my view and again I'd opt to disable him. So from this perspective right now I'd say that a lot of designer's ressource/Anne's time would go into a feature I don't think I would use/appreciate at the moment.

On the other hand after enjoying flight simming in the last month, starting to add up controllers, radio panels, chart software, add on airports or planes I don't know if in a few months I'd really find myself happy to be closer to "the real thing" with having a copilot in all the planes which usually are flown by pilot and copilot..

One question regarding the Twin Otter: I'm not sure if I overread the answer in this thread. The pictures/WIP's Mathijs' posted show a model with wheels. Will there be a water based model as well?

Happy to follow the model's progress here and eagerly waiting to purchase/fly it in MSFS!

6 hours ago, Anne Ludwig said:

A few new pictures of the current progress straight from the sim.

Brilliant - particularly to see the old panel is still more or less intact, including the original autopilot! Can I put in a request that the ADF radio logic gets a spring clean (assuming it's going to be re-used), as the countdown timer was buggy in the old one.

• Aerosoft
vor 46 Minuten, MarkHurst sagte:

Brilliant - particularly to see the old panel is still more or less intact, including the original autopilot! Can I put in a request that the ADF radio logic gets a spring clean (assuming it's going to be re-used), as the countdown timer was buggy in the old one.

Yes, the panels are more or less the same. They got just some visual updates in terms of detailing, modelling and the materials.

Visual is the GNS 530 also the same but everything else have changed at the avionic. And of course this part also got an optically update.

In generall I am not a programmer so unfortunately I am not able to say something to the technical part.

• Like 1

Wonderfull work on this fantastic machine !! 

Congrats Anne !

I am happy to see the 300 series is kept.  So my simcockpit will still be in sync this this addon.

You made my day

• Thanks 1

Will this Otter be VR friendly? as in number of polygons and VR pointers/switches/Gauges. The default asobo aircraft have correct alligned pointers in the VR cockpit, but for example the wymf5 from carenado (great plane btw!!) only it has one correctly alligned eye on the mousepointer over switches/gauges in the cockpit. I've reported it and they will surely look into this. But as for the Otter i hope it will be VR/Framerate/Resource friendly!

Looking forward!

• Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter