Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That is very much our plan. 

What are you planning for Dec 24th around noon?

I’m staying at home for once which hopefully means I can fly the Twin Otter.🤗

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I will be asking my guests to do the last decorations and cook the Chirstmas dinner, as I am too busy to do it myself as I'm flying 😉

vor 13 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Many nice things with my beloved family .....  so if you release on christmas the Twotter has to wait for me, not the other way around .... but of course you are welcome to surprise us before christmas. :)

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Heiligs Blechle said:

Many nice things with my beloved family .....  so if you release on christmas the Twotter has to wait for me, not the other way around .... but of course you are welcome to surprise us before christmas. :)

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well that is my deadline. And literally everybody will hate me if we leave it till then.

I'm sure based on this comment, Mathijs is joking about releasing it on Christmas Eve and that it will probably be released before then :) 

• Upvote 5

I just hope it's a good addon after all this waiting. I know the models look fairly nice, and the manual will be good apparently, but I hope the flight characteristics are convincing too.

I am hoping for something of the fidelity of a Just Flight product and not Carenado product.

The Milviz PC-6 is a hell of a lot better than the Asobo (free!) PC-6. There is really no comparison, and the Milviz PC-6 is not even finished. I hope the Aerosoft Twotter is not like the Asobo PC-6, I think it was done by the same people.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, oisk said:

I just hope it's a good addon after all this waiting. I know the models look fairly nice, and the manual will be good apparently, but I hope the flight characteristics are convincing too.

I am hoping for something of the fidelity of a Just Flight product and not Carenado product.

The Milviz PC-6 is a hell of a lot better than the Asobo (free!) PC-6. There is really no comparison, and the Milviz PC-6 is not even finished. I hope the Aerosoft Twotter is not like the Asobo PC-6, I think it was done by the same people.

I know that's not always the case, but in general, payware addons (especially from respected developers like Aerosoft) are better than freeware. I believe that's the case here too (based on a fairly good CRJ addon).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tal A. said:

I know that's not always the case, but in general, payware addons (especially from respected developers like Aerosoft) are better than freeware. I believe that's the case here too (based on a fairly good CRJ addon).

Hope so!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tal A. said:

I know a couple of notable payware suppliers who would thank you for that statement, for me the second part is the key respected developers. Personally right now there is a lot more products available as paid content that is at very best weak(and I'm being as kind as I can be!), than on a par with Asobo, there are notable exceptions to that, including Aerosoft, but my advice to anyone would be a very big "buyer beware" do your research   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, oisk said:

In my opinion I think it's wrong comparing Aerosoft with Asobo as Asobo will never create high fidelity aircraft, that's why we have aerosoft/pmdg/A2A etc (even if a couple aerosoft devs worked on the PC6, there's a reason why it's a asobo product and not an aerosoft product ;)

Therefore I don't think the Asobo PC-6 will have any bearing on the Twotter, the twin otter has been in development for well over a year, with a much more experienced team where the PC-6 probably nowhere near that length. I would safely assume the twin otter will be as good as the CRJ and the Twotter offerings for FSX/P3D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

I would safely assume the twin otter will be as good as the CRJ and the Twotter offerings for FSX/P3D 

I also assume it. That is why I am looking forward to the Twotter. I'm sure it will come closer to the quality of the CRJ than other aircraft we've seen.

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 minutes ago, AviationEnthusiast1 said:

Just bought the PMDG DC6 for 55€.
They clearly haven’t done any testing for the Xbox version whatsoever because almost none of the buttons work making it unflyable. I trust Aerosoft in bringing a working product to Xbox and I’m hoping the DC6 will be fixed soon. 

PMDG is a very reliable company and I'm sure they did proper testing. So before you start complaining abou them, you should maybe read this:
https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/153473-24nov21-xbox-users-important-update-and-trouble-shooting-process

And this ends the discussion about products from our friends at PMDG.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2