Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

Regarding the gauge: I would say it makes sense for the yellow marking to match the real aircraft, but how come the words "PERCENT PROP RPM" are missing on the gauge for the left engine, and shown only on the right? In the real aircraft, the wording is on both gauges?

1 hour ago, anDJ said:

Regarding the gauge: I would say it makes sense for the yellow marking to match the real aircraft, but how come the words "PERCENT PROP RPM" are missing on the gauge for the left engine, and shown only on the right? In the real aircraft, the wording is on both gauges?

The missing text has already been flagged by testers :) 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 4:01 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

What's your idea on this?

Would a having both a clean/new and a weathered option so the user can choose be prohibitively expensive or time consuming?

If so, I agree with everyone else that the weathered look of a real aircraft adds character and would be the better option if you can only have one, despite the fact that I already know it's going to confuse the hell out of me.  I'm very partial to the smudge on the window of my add-on Piper Warrior, even though it scares me every time I look because I think it's another plane.

41 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

Hello all. Does anyone know if this plane is supposed to be released this year or in 2022? trying to temper my expectations 

The hope is that we will get it before the end of the year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

Hello all. Does anyone know if this plane is supposed to be released this year or in 2022? trying to temper my expectations 

My guess is that they will release before SU7 which I think is currently scheduled for mid-November. But they are still discussing modelling changes so who knows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John2 said:

My guess is that they will release before SU7 which I think is currently scheduled for mid-November. But they are still discussing modelling changes so who knows.

I would say most likely afterwards given SU7 has some turboprop logic fixes. 

I mean MilViz released the PC6 which is a turbo prop and it’s simulated just fine, as well as beta and reverse. So I don’t see the sim restricting turbo prop performance as it is in its current state! Hopefully this means it can be released before SU7 comes out 

22 minutes ago, Karlow17 said:

I mean MilViz released the PC6 which is a turbo prop and it’s simulated just fine, as well as beta and reverse. So I don’t see the sim restricting turbo prop performance as it is in its current state! Hopefully this means it can be released before SU7 comes out 

Hope brings life😉

1 hour ago, Karlow17 said:

Not sure I would be releasing a premium turboprop days before a SU is due that changes Turboprop logic. Would make more sense to me to test after SU7 before releasing.

• Upvote 1

• Root Admin
On 10/29/2021 at 6:54 PM, dresoccer4 said:

This year. Actually after some rest this project is back on the front burner on Tuesday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• Root Admin
23 minutes ago, Donka said:

Not sure I would be releasing a premium turboprop days before a SU is due that changes Turboprop logic. Would make more sense to me to test after SU7 before releasing.

Keep in mind that Hans and Alexander are doing the PC6 that will be release by Microsoft just as they work on the Twin Otter project.  I would not worry too much about Sim Updates. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2