• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I fully agree with that.    Here are images of a test Jae Eon done today on the materials. Note how the surfaces are not fully flat, should work really well with the lighting engine. 

So, after a very busy period it is now the time of football and warm summer evenings. That means things for us slow down a bit (you have no idea how much these things affect our sales, give us a rainy

Posted Images

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 10.12.2020 at 11:25, Eric Bakker sagte:

@Anne Ludwig Please make the models in the VC as round as possible, for instance the yoke. That was one of few things in the previous Twotter that needed improvement IMHO. Polygons allowing of course

yes, that is definitely a goal - within the framework of the maximum allowed polycount everything should look as round as possible :)

• Like 1

wow, that is looking great! I'll take one, please!

I have one question: when doing the texture lay-out, could you keep repainting in mind?

With the outside models becoming more and more detailed, sometimes it becomes very hard indeed to do decent repaints, and since there are about a quadrillion paints possible for the twotter, it would be a shame if this was not possible.

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
3 hours ago, PaladinX said:

Looking forward to this bird.

The AS Twin Otter was my all-time favorite for FSX and P3D.

This will be the aircraft for my exploration of the FS20 world :)

Did not read everything: Will be a GPS integrated?

Yes, it will have some 'modern' gauges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Cant wait to fly this, though i know its quite in early stages of developement. 

I was wondering, there is a well known issue with all the turboprob engine behaviour in MSFS. What are your view whith the completely new model of the dhc-6 can these issues be resolved? Or the roots of the reverse logic and the poor aero braking with flat pich are witin the sim itself and cant be adressed by 3rd party?

8 hours ago, Levente Sághi said:

there is a well known issue with all the turboprob engine behaviour in MSFS

@Levente Sághi It is some times I keep hearing about this, but I haven't found a really in depth discussion about it, can you point me to wich forum it has been discussed?

thank you

39 minutes ago, P_R_S said:

@Levente Sághi It is some times I keep hearing about this, but I haven't found a really in depth discussion about it, can you point me to wich forum it has been discussed?

thank you

This is not the forum to discuss non Aerosoft related bugs, but in the MSFS main forum under the Bugs & Isuues topic there is well discussed thread in the Aircraft Handling section.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
On 12/29/2020 at 3:03 AM, Cyberstudio said:

Its the gag order also in effect for this project?

There is no gag order, but indeed the same idea that we will not be able to share as much as we did before goes for this project as well. But there simply is not a lot to say at this moment. Progress is good.

• Like 1

Since this is an entirely new project I wonder if it will be possible to ensure that all controls and indicators (or perhaps all the non-standard ones) are exposed in Lvars (and documented). While the Twin Otter Extended was in the end pretty much completely programmable, it took quite a lot of ingenuity and head-scratching from quite a lot of people to figure it out. I am making an asumption that this wouldn't necessitate a huge amount of extra work for the developer(s), although I may have got that wrong :)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There is no gag order, but indeed the same idea that we will not be able to share as much as we did before goes for this project as well. But there simply is not a lot to say at this moment. Progress is good.

I see, thanks for your time!

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, MarkHurst said:

Since this is an entirely new project I wonder if it will be possible to ensure that all controls and indicators (or perhaps all the non-standard ones) are exposed in Lvars (and documented). While the Twin Otter Extended was in the end pretty much completely programmable, it took quite a lot of ingenuity and head-scratching from quite a lot of people to figure it out. I am making an asumption that this wouldn't necessitate a huge amount of extra work for the developer(s), although I may have got that wrong :)

That's a promise.

• Like 5

Happy New Year All,

Mathjis I am very excited to get the twotter in MFS. I flew it quite a bit in MFS X and am sure it will be quite a bit better than any of the stock planes. My son works for Viking in Victoria as an AME but also has experience as a tech support rep and a field service representative .If you have any questions or need any information he might be able to facilitate it. I am not sure how much contact you need or have with the current manufacturer. 

My two cents on the co-pilot issue is that as long as they were looking around a little bit and actually looking like they were enjoying the flight it would be ok. Definitely not a deal breaker on way or another. My reason for flying is the challenge of operating a technical machine and enjoying the scenery experience. 

• Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter