Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

On 10/14/2021 at 3:04 AM, taw1962 said:

Silly question - have you tried NOT running the sim as administrator? This is the usual cause of Marketplace malfunctions.

Hi @taw1962Not a silly question and thanks for your suggestion. It was one of the issues we pursued and I think your right in that it has some bearing on the problem. My problem is that when I built this machine, being the only one that uses it, I set my login as the administrator to get around issues I had previously experienced on my older FSX machine with Windows defender and performance updates issues. I have tried logging out as administrator and logging in using my default user account but then of course MSFS isn't available as it was purchased and installed on the admin login. If MSFS had an exe file I could simply change the permissions from Admin to my default user and everything would be apples but as far as I am aware this isn't possible ??? I am also running win10 Pro which I believe could be contributing to the problem. Once again thanks for the suggestion. Cheers Pete

On 10/16/2021 at 12:53 PM, PeteB said:

I have tried logging out as administrator and logging in using my default user account but then of course MSFS isn't available as it was purchased and installed on the admin login.

Hi Pete, that's not quite what I meant - have you set the flightsimulator.exe itself to run as administrator? This is what causes the Marketplace problems.

On 10/18/2021 at 1:24 AM, taw1962 said:

Hi Pete, that's not quite what I meant - have you set the flightsimulator.exe itself to run as administrator? This is what causes the Marketplace problems.

Finally found the file and it is running with administrator permissions. Has a really strange user as the principal user "S-1-15-2-2320493860-4170237812-2754583851-87595188-3105168737-19246609-3290264947" which I assume is some shade of Microsoft but change options are greyed out and I can't delete or change my other user accounts. Do you have the same user of the  flightsimulator.exe file ? Cheers Pete

• Root Admin
12 minutes ago, FoxtrotOstrich said:

i was really hoping that reply was gonna contain a link to a product page on the aerosoft store mathijs :P

Yeah, well life sucks, lol.  But SU6 is an important step we needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yeah, well life sucks, lol.  But SU6 is an important step we needed.

anything for you to release a good quality product in the end. good luck!

• Like 1

Was their alreday some time, to test the aircraft regarding the compatibility with SU6 ?

Hope that everything is working more or less stable like before and that the update didn't had any large impact on the aircrafts behaviour and systems.

• Root Admin
17 minutes ago, YetiAir said:

Was their alreday some time, to test the aircraft regarding the compatibility with SU6 ?

Hope that everything is working more or less stable like before and that the update didn't had any large impact on the aircrafts behaviour and systems.

Yeah all works fine.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1