Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

AC2.JPG

Screenshot_2.jpg

Well also the Ultimate Question of Life, and the Universe. And also to the question when the Twotter will be released.

Hmmm. Interesting.

2 hours ago, Donka said:

I hope there is more testing going on than all the screenshots would suggest. Would prefer to be flying this aircraft than watching others. ;)

Think of it this way.....would you rather us post screenshots here (which takes time away from the testing process), and neglect the testing we'd be doing in that time, or have us spend time here posting and answering endless questions, a lot we can't talk about anyway, and extend the beta program so much so that you'd be spending way more time watching others fly it? ;)

Kind of a regenerative feedback loop huh? (as in...the time I spent answering your question was lost testing time, thus, extending the beta period). :)

We post "some" pics here to keep interest and show the public we're working on it, but you can by no means gauge the amount of testing that is happening "off camera" by the amount of screenshots we're NOT posting here. ;)  ;) 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, steve dra said:

Think of it this way.....would you rather us post screenshots here (which takes time away from the testing process), and neglect the testing we'd be doing in that time, or have us spend time here posting and answering endless questions, a lot we can't talk about anyway, and extend the beta program so much so that you'd be spending way more time watching others fly it? ;)

Kind of a regenerative feedback loop huh? (as in...the time I spent answering your question was lost testing time, thus, extending the beta period). :)

We post "some" pics here to keep interest and show the public we're working on it, but you can by no means gauge the amount of testing that is happening "off camera" by the amount of screenshots we're NOT posting here. ;)  ;) 

I'd say you REALLY overthought it haha . Have fun testing it and making it better for the rest of us. That's it. won't waste more of your beta-testing time 😉

Hi, I see that beta test sterted. I have a question about Twotter in VR.

1/ do any tester use VR and tested it in VR mode? Personally I fly only VR so I hope that at least one does the same and checks how it works.

2/ how the cockpit looks in scale in VR. Some developers did wrong scale of cockpit in MSFS so its a big problem in VR for those models. Different example is Asobo's  Ju-52 which looks very good, with good scale in VR. There are also a few other MSFS addons on the correct scale, but there are also some that need to be improved.

Did you check it maybe? Thx for reply :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tal A. said:

I'd say you REALLY overthought it haha . Have fun testing it and making it better for the rest of us. That's it. won't waste more of your beta-testing time 😉

As a painter and generally a very detailed-orientated  person, I tend to overthink a lot of things. LOL.

If you coulda' peeked inside my brain when I was painting the Aerosoft A330, you'd see a flurry of activity when I was deciding how to fake a door on the air Hongkong freighter, or whether to add 4k maps to the American paint to get the mica-infused paint to look right in the sim.

I think they both turned out ok way back when....you can see them here: Steve's Aerosoft A330 paints.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Hi, I see that beta test sterted. I have a question about Twotter in VR.

1/ do any tester use VR and tested it in VR mode? Personally I fly only VR so I hope that at least one does the same and checks how it works.

2/ how the cockpit looks in scale in VR. Some developers did wrong scale of cockpit in MSFS so its a big problem in VR for those models. Different example is Asobo's  Ju-52 which looks very good, with good scale in VR. There are also a few other MSFS addons on the correct scale, but there are also some that need to be improved.

Did you check it maybe? Thx for reply :)

Yes - a few testers have VR sets. I know one only flys in VR like you, but I don’t think we’d be able to say any more than that. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Transair27 said:

that should keep the speed at about 70 knts.

We do not use beta in flight and 70 kts is well below standard approach speed into that airport (well, at all really). We stabilize at 1500 feet, and ride the standard vref in (so about 80-82 kts on a regular day). The approach is all about piloting skill and experience, not a cheeky (prohibited) technique ;) 

I got ready to be able to maneuver the Twotter on the water. My Logitek gamepad features two side-by-side controllers. I mapped them each as follows:
- lever forwards: increase power,
- lever backwards: decrease power.

Once the backing and turning maneuvers are finished, I then use my main joystick which takes control of the engines.

I succesfully tested that on the B350i.

Now all I need is the ... Twinn Otter! This is the only device that I will 100% "learn" in FS2020!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, angernerve said:

We do not use beta in flight and 70 kts is well below standard approach speed into that airport (well, at all really). We stabilize at 1500 feet, and ride the standard vref in (so about 80-82 kts on a regular day). The approach is all about piloting skill and experience, not a cheeky (prohibited) technique ;) 

apprec your response and greatly respect your comments - clearly flight crew. But we def did use Beta (yellow lights on) from 400ft, and stall warning went off on touchdown.  Speed was 'lower'!!!!

• Root Admin
13 hours ago, Bushman_XY said:

This plane is flown usually by two people, will we see the copilot in inside view?

No, we have not yet found a way to show a co-pilot that does look as good as the cockpit. We need simply better hardware to handle that.

• Root Admin
58 minutes ago, NexusKrendl said:

Hello... just a short question

Will the plane use the stock gns 530 gps ? and if so, will it be compatible with the "pms50 gns530 mod" ?

Yes, and I assume so.