Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

I've been lurking this thread since day 1. I just wanted to say, I started on Flight Sim 95. I've grown up to get my pilot's license, an atc job, and finally the funds to build a kickass computer, and this will be my first payware airplane. Not exactly a riveting story, but I'm just excited and wanted to let you guys know. Very much looking forward to this.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

I keep watching the departure monitors hoping to see a 'NOW BOARDING' for the Twin Otter.    It has been a long wait but I am sure that it will be worth it.  Rome was not built in a day, and a good wine takes time, so I am remaining in my seat until called for boarding.   Then the credit card will be out in a flash.....

Jerry

• Like 3

• Root Admin
25 minutes ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

not asking for specific dates, but is the current release schedule still CRJ9/10 variant then the twotter?

Mmmmm.... they are not 'linked' but they could be close together.

• Like 2

For those who have asked about glass cockpit, DHC-400 versions;

the 400 uses the Honeywell Glass cockpit. There is not a lot of training support out there for this glass cockpit and as a 400 pilot IRL it is a little quirky compared with G1000 etc. It would not be be commercially viable for Aerosoft to code for a system that could only otherwise be used in the PC12NG (IIRC that is the only other platform in the world that uses the same Honeywell system)

I fly both the 300 and 400 series. There are small system variations (e.g. the beta backup system in the 300), but both can be fitted with the PT6-27. The 400s I fly have the hot and high -34s (an option) but all very similar. 

Somebody mentioned Re co-pilots earlier that they would prefer to fly without but they would have their licence suspended? FYI the 300 is JUST over the weight that requires a co-pilot - which is why Viking worked so hard to save weight (composite doors mostly) to get it just under. Now you can legally fly the 400 single pilot 👍🏻

I have likewise been an avid flight simmer since the early 1980s, almost 30 years flying and instructing in the Military/PMC and STILL simming on the side. If I can help anyone with the Twin Otter (chariot of choice for the past 7 years) do let me know. Happy to help and will sort some vids when this Twotter launches!!

excellent work. Cheers Aerosoft. Good luck

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mmmmm.... they are not 'linked' but they could be close together.

Are we talking october, november or december, Mathijs? 

(I was the one born without the important patience chromosone) :)

• Like 1

vor 59 Minuten, chip5620 sagte:

Just out of curiosity, will there be support for the pms50 gtn750 to fit in the panel?

If I remember right it was mentioned that the GTN750 by pms50 won't be integrated at release, but maybe later.

I really hope it will be. These two products would be my most favorite combination in MSFS.

15 hours ago, SAMARA163 said:

Screenshot_20210927-184341_YouTube.jpg

FYI:

That last shot shows a static model from the scenery, which is (as is the nature as a static model) a bit lower in resolution than the final actual Twotter addon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Question about the skydive version: Will there be a way to model the weight of skydivers leaving. In an ideal world this would be felt as the cg shifting rearwards when the green light is turned on with a sudden change as each group leaves. Even better would be to have a random load of groups so some loads you might get a 20-way group all at once and others just tandems and a mix of in between. The next even better step would be a change of the flight model due to the drag and yaw effects of multiple people on outside of aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Root Admin
20 hours ago, mann1861 said:

Question about the skydive version: Will there be a way to model the weight of skydivers leaving. In an ideal world this would be felt as the cg shifting rearwards when the green light is turned on with a sudden change as each group leaves. Even better would be to have a random load of groups so some loads you might get a 20-way group all at once and others just tandems and a mix of in between. The next even better step would be a change of the flight model due to the drag and yaw effects of multiple people on outside of aircraft.

Sorry, not planned.

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, TheGreatestDonut said:

Will the water twin otter have water physics. Meaning it leans back at high speeds and stops faster with its heels dug in in the water.

At this moment we do not know of any way to make the behavior a lot better then the default float planes. When more is possible we'll adapt of course.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

My job as project manager is to get things done, on budget and on time. Pity me. 

We don't mind the wait as long as it continues to improve. :)

The prop animation looked pretty poor in the last YouTube video, I hope that wasn't the final animation. The new Junkers from Asobo looks really nice

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Now the Twotter drivers that advise us want us to model the sound the ice that is flung from the props....My job as project manager is to get things done, on budget and on time. Pity me. 

1. Drive your car somewhere there's snow.

2. Set a mic up inside the car and begin recording.

3. Go out and pack up a really tight snowball, and hurl it at the side of your car, as hard as you can. Repeat this step until your arm is tired or your hands are frozen.

4. Stop recording and drive home.

5. ???
6. Profit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Christopher Goff said:

1. Drive your car somewhere there's snow.

2. Set a mic up inside the car and begin recording.

3. Go out and pack up a really tight snowball, and hurl it at the side of your car, as hard as you can. Repeat this step until your arm is tired or your hands are frozen.

4. Stop recording and drive home.

5. ???
6. Profit.

LOL. It's actually more like throwing ice cubes at the side of the car - it makes a loud "pop" or "crack" on occasion when shedding ice as it hits the fuselage, right near where passengers are seated.