Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

I have had a  Twin Otter Buzzing the house here in Cork constantly for the past two weeks!

We got a leaflet int he door saying there would be a geological survey carried out and the aircraft would be flying 60-200 meters above the houses!

C-GSGF

113975fb5f8808d941200050dc25d6483af402b9

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/17/2021 at 4:42 PM, FSHomeCockpit said:

Is the no response to this question an indication we won't be able to steer the floats version on water?

I was under the impression that the twotter steered with the engines on the water...

50 minutes ago, chip5620 said:

I was under the impression that the twotter steered with the engines on the water...

It is. It doesn't have water rudders. Beta/reverse number 1, idle/lil power number 2, aircraft turns left on water and vice versa to turn right. 

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's correct. But as steering this way is not very easy, the Twotter Extended for FSX and P3D got a virtual water rudder controlled by pedals/stick.

And so it will be in MSFS, especially to make steering possible for users with only 1 throttle axis.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JasonmCork said:

I have had a  Twin Otter Buzzing the house here in Cork constantly for the past two weeks!

We got a leaflet int he door saying there would be a geological survey carried out and the aircraft would be flying 60-200 meters above the houses!

C-GSGF

you clearly need this version to fly when it comes out!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JasonmCork said:

C-GSGF

Clearly someone's teasing you over Aerosoft's not-yet-released-twotter 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mopperle said:

That's correct. But as steering this way is not very easy, the Twotter Extended for FSX and P3D got a virtual water rudder controlled by pedals/stick.

And so it will be in MSFS, especially to make steering possible for users with only 1 throttle axis.

Thank you for the reply. Glad to hear steering on the water will be implemented. Had me worried that the limitation of the default aircraft would carry over but happy to hear this isn't the case.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mopperle said:

I take that as a personal challenge to steer my Twotter without using the rudder 🤔

• Like 3

• Deputy Sheriffs
22 minutes ago, TheGreatestDonut said:

First off why is there no pictures

There are a lot of pictures, simply scroll through this topic.

23 minutes ago, TheGreatestDonut said:

Second will there be both modern glass and dial or only glass

This has been asked and answered multiple times. Please search this topic for the keyword "glass".

On 9/20/2021 at 5:19 PM, JasonmCork said:

C-GSGF

fascinating....I'm watching him live right now on FR24 at 100ft

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin
11 minutes ago, TheGreatestDonut said:

Im soo sorry :( ive been on a plane with glass cocktpit in the maldives

But keep in mind, we do not model that one.

Btw not much news to tell you or to show you. The only modeling still to do is the icing (but that is a serious bit of work) so apart from Stefan the other modelers are all moved to the A330 project. The Twin Otter 300 flight model is 'complete' but the 100 still needs some tweaking. Hans is working hard on the systems, gauges, sounds and checklist (we use the build-in for this project). So all in all things are moving along nicely, fully on schedule.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Deimos said:

Not too far fetched. The 400 has it

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Viking_DHC-6-400_Twin_Otter,_Viking_Air_JP7339403.jpg

and there are a couple of retrofit 300 as well. To answer the question though this rendition is with a GNS and steam gauges.

Yes, but this is a different aircraft, not built by Bombardier but Viking. While it looks the same from outside, many major things have changed, like other engines and completely different systems.

So modelling a 400 would mean a new project, not just some additional work. 

8 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Yes, but this is a different aircraft, not built by Bombardier but Viking. While it looks the same from outside, many major things have changed, like other engines and completely different systems.

So modelling a 400 would mean a new project, not just some additional work. 

And it is still an abomination to put a glass cockpit in a Dehavilland Twin Otter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, John2 said:

And it is still an abomination to put a glass cockpit in a Dehavilland Twin Otter.

A good reason could be that it is hard to get spare parts for the old steam gauges. But this is another story and getting OT now. ;)

58 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But keep in mind, we do not model that one.

Btw not much news to tell you or to show you. The only modeling still to do is the icing (but that is a serious bit of work) so apart from Stefan the other modelers are all moved to the A330 project. The Twin Otter 300 flight model is 'complete' but the 100 still needs some tweaking. Hans is working hard on the systems, gauges, sounds and checklist (we use the build-in for this project). So all in all things are moving along nicely, fully on schedule.

I am very happy that Aerosoft will be working on both my favorite aircraft. Its great that its on schedule. As I don't see any weekly pictures, I infer and assume that the release will be VERY soon :)