Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

6 hours ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

You can turn lens flare off in the graphics options. 

Yes, that was my point. What I said was:

Cinematic prop animations with the wagon wheel effect need to go the way of the mandatory lens flare.

At some point in the past, lens flares were mandatory in many games. You could not turn them off.
People complained because lens flares killed their immersion. Now lens flares are optional.

You can turn them off now, because people complained until devs realized that it was a problem for a non-negligible portion of their customers.

For the past two decades (maybe longer), cinematic prop animations were mandatory in flightsims. You can not turn them off.
I am complaining because the wagon wheel effect kills my immersion. Make cinematic prop animations optional.

I want to be able to turn them off, just like I can turn off lens flares.

I want my props to look like they look in the real world, not how they look like in the movies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My guess would be at the very least one or two weeks after the new world update. Asobo is known to create some issues for plane developers, so it would be wise to await the changes. Verify everything / majority works as intended in the Production version and then release. Otherwise you might get a lot of angry/ disappointment customers for something you can't really control other than timing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ircghost said:

My guess would be at the very least one or two weeks after the new world update. Asobo is known to create some issues for plane developers, so it would be wise to await the changes. Verify everything / majority works as intended in the Production version and then release. Otherwise you might get a lot of angry/ disappointment customers for something you can't really control other than timing.

It kind of works both ways though because you are always 5weeks or so from an update and the world updates are normally not as problematic as the sim updates so 2 to 3 weeks after the world update is 2 or 3 weeks before the next sim update!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ircghost said:

I think it's more waiting for Mathijs to finish the manual, and the team to finish the parajumper version.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mort_the_2nd said:

I think it's more waiting for Mathijs to finish the manual, and the team to finish the parajumper version.

If this is the case, then leave him be in peace.  Manuals are, to me, **very** important.  BR

M.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

I understand that you guys are eagerly waiting for the release of the Twotter, and so am I. 

You can speculate what you want (I see a lot of that), but in reality the Twotter is not yet finished and there is no release date set yet.

So we just have to wait :)

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TheInternetLad said:

Will the twotter be on the flightsim.to payware section?

It will most likely be available directly from Aerosoft, from OrbX thanks to the cooperation with Aerosoft, from the MFS in-game Marketplace, and probably from many other vendors offering Aerosoft products. Having so many ways to purchase the product, I'm not sure I would put it on a store that just opened for public and probably has yet to iron out some quirks.

At the risk of sounding like a fanboi, I'll buy directly from Aerosoft. My experience with the shop has been excellent, it still lets me download products I purchased almost 15 years ago, and I generally like to purchase directly from the developer to maximize the amount of my money they receive and to minimize friction when I run into issues (I hate being ping-ponged between two support teams until they figure out who is responsible for solving my problem).

I totally get why we want to support flightsim.to, but for the time being, I'd rather do that by purchasing their exclusive offers or stuff that I would otherwise only get from stores that I don't like or don't trust.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, TheInternetLad said:

Preview time?

It's been said earlier in the thread (multiple times) that we get previews every Wednesday. So, please stop asking and cluttering the thread when it's not even Wednesday.

*not necessarily every Wednesday anymore because the modeling phase is perhaps done, so there might not be anything new to show that isn't a few thousand lines of code? I don't know that for sure though, but in the same way that the product comes out when it comes out the previews come when there is something more tangible to show.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2