Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

5 minutes ago, TheInternetLad said:

Does the twin otter have AP? If so what model does it have?

Well, yes. At least most of them have an autopilot. It's my understanding that the avionics and systems vary quite a lot from aircraft to aircraft. So, I don't know what model. 

1 hour ago, TheInternetLad said:

Does the twin otter have AP? If so what model does it have?

It has a Collins AP-106 but apparently also a Bendix King KAP 140. We don't yet know how that's going to work 😐

10 minutes ago, TheInternetLad said:

Final question, how is development coming along, close to completion? When can we expect a release if you can disclose that?

Haha.. I like how you sneaked that question in..

7 hours ago, MarkHurst said:

We don't yet know how that's going to work 😐

Just like it would in the real world. The KAP140 allows for coupling to GPS -- as far as I know the AP106 AFCS will not couple to GPS. While not typically your usual combination nowadays (for example, we solely utilize the FCS65 / APS 65 with a Garmin 550). The AP106 is an old iteration, and with the KAP140 came more easily available automatic control from both crew members as the AP106 was captain side control. Hopefully that clears things up :) 

2 hours ago, angernerve said:

Just like it would in the real world. The KAP140 allows for coupling to GPS -- as far as I know the AP106 AFCS will not couple to GPS. While not typically your usual combination nowadays (for example, we solely utilize the FCS65 / APS 65 with a Garmin 550). The AP106 is an old iteration, and with the KAP140 came more easily available automatic control from both crew members as the AP106 was captain side control. Hopefully that clears things up :)

The AP-106 couples to the GPS in the Twin Otter Extended, which we are told is modelled on a specific real-world aircraft. Doesn't seem to make much sense having two autopilots fitted.

8 hours ago, Mort_the_2nd said:

Great picture. Really hope the freeware community will step up and add a ton of little water airports with small docks like that.

Yes! I would even pay for an add-on like the Vancouver Harbour Flight Center https://vhfc.ca/ together with some additional seaplane terminals in Victoria, Whistler, Saltspring Island etc. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheInternetLad said:

What is the list of all liveries and variants coming out? Also excited for the next previews

On 6/23/2021 at 3:03 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

You will like this list.

• DHC6_100_FLOATER
    • DHC6_100_WHEELS_PAX
    • DHC6_100_WHEELS_CARGO
    • DHC6_300_AMPHIBIAN_PAX
    • DHC6_300_FLOATER_PAX_SHORT_NOSE
    • DHC6_300_FLOATER_PAX
    • DHC6_300_SKI_CARGO
    • DHC6_300_TUNDRA_CARGO
    • DHC6_300_TUNDRA_PAX
    • DHC6_300_WHEELS_CARGO_3BLADE
    • DHC6_300_WHEELS_CARGO_4BLADE
    • DHC6_300_WHEELS_PAX
    • DHC6_300_WHEELS_PARAJUMPER

Liveries (apart from the ones seen in the preview photos) will most likely by confirmed nearer release

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

On the home stretch with this project.... Stefan worked very hard on the effects, this aircraft does need strong effects. Do click to see them bigger.

11_landingFX.jpg

11_externalLighting.jpg

WOW! AMAZING job!

• Like 1