Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

Frankly, this plane did not attract my attention at first. But now it's starting to look very attractive. There are many models and it is a medium-sized ildeal aircraft for the vfr. It also looks ambitious for the price. I think it will be a plane that will be in everyone's hangar when it comes out. But first we has to get the CRJ 900-1000 into the hangar. :)

1 hour ago, TheInternetLad said:

Is there a release week yet?

a few posts above yours:

On 7/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, not willing to announce a date right now. With SU5 we got a lot of projects that need attention.

2 hours ago, TheInternetLad said:

Great work is coming along!

Also will the floater/amphibian version work with fs2020's new water physics?

New water physics? What am I missing? Water physics are still terrible, but I really hope this will improve over time :) 

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, TheInternetLad said:

Great work is coming along!

Also will the floater/amphibian version work with fs2020's new water physics?

There is a release plan but I am not willing to announce it. SU5 really is causing some serious additional work and support at this moment.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There is a release plan but I am not willing to announce it. SU5 really is causing some serious additional work and support at this moment.

I believe that no one will be mad at you if you take your time and release it ONLY when it's ready, hopefully bug-free! I also wish to commend your activity in the forums as it's quite unusual and amazing! Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, TheInternetLad said:

The new SU5 added wakes, etc

Yes, but didn't do anything to the lack of water physics. They're still non existent. But lets hope we will have realistic water physics at some point in the near future :) 

1 hour ago, Robin K.ᴰᴱ said:

Hi, sorry for this question. I can't find the autofeather in the Twin Otter! Can someone help me please?

I'm not in front of the TWOtter cockpit main panel but by memory i think it's located on the pilot side main panel somewhere above the altimeter or vertical speed indicator. There are three square buttons and that's this one to the right. You just depress it before takeoff.

Real

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden , Reald sagte:

I'm not in front of the TWOtter cockpit main panel but by memory i think it's located on the pilot side main panel somewhere above the altimeter or vertical speed indicator. There are three square buttons and that's this one to the right. You just depress it before takeoff.

Real

Thank you! I found the switch in the real cockpit, my DHC 6 doesn't have this switch

3 hours ago, Robin K.ᴰᴱ said:

Thank you! I found the switch in the real cockpit, my DHC 6 doesn't have this switch

Not sure which DHC-6 you're referring to, but the one Aerosoft is modelling here has it (just like the Twin Otter Extended) immediately above the Collins autopilot panel.

vor 1 hour , MarkHurst sagte:

Not sure which DHC-6 you're referring to, but the one Aerosoft is modelling here has it (just like the Twin Otter Extended) immediately above the Collins autopilot panel.

thanks, i mean the dhc6-300 from RWDesigns. It has an autofeather test switch, but nothing above the autopilot. But soon the twin otter from aerosoft will come, and then everything will be fine 😉

41 minutes ago, Robin K.ᴰᴱ said:

thanks, i mean the dhc6-300 from RWDesigns. It has an autofeather test switch, but nothing above the autopilot. But soon the twin otter from aerosoft will come, and then everything will be fine 😉

Oh yes, that RWD one's not much cop ;)

Hi everybody,

I am really looking forward to this plane in MFS. There is one thing I would like to point out:

Would it be possible to implement the two engines in a way that they have slightly different operating values? So when the throttle of both engines is at the same position, both engines operate at slightly different operating points and the needles in the instruments would show different values. In real life this is how the engine instruments look like most of the time. In fact it is very unlikely to see the left and  right needles at the exact same numeric value.

I would be very happy about this feature as for me, it adds a lot of immersion.

Kind regards,
Stefan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 8/1/2021 at 9:50 AM, Albatros1 said:

I am really looking forward to this plane in MFS. There is one thing I would like to point out:

Would it be possible to implement the two engines in a way that they have slightly different operating values? So when the throttle of both engines is at the same position, both engines operate at slightly different operating points and the needles in the instruments would show different values. In real life this is how the engine instruments look like most of the time. In fact it is very unlikely to see the left and  right needles at the exact same numeric value.

I would be very happy about this feature as for me, it adds a lot of immersion.

Hi Stefan,

If you (would) have a throttle with two engine levers (a separate throttle set besides your yoke or joystick) you will not have this problem and even more immersion. ;)

But of course we are not all that lucky.

• Deputy Sheriffs
54 minutes ago, sgmoore3617 said:

Sorry to go off topic but I don’t know where else to ask. Will the update on the corn 900/1000 tomorrow be on the crj forum or somewhere else? 

"corn 900/1000"? If you mean the CRJ 900/1000, look in the dedicated preview forum on it. See this post (clock on the top time stamp, not the April 21 one) and Mathijs' follow-up one just after: