Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
9 hours ago, amahran said:

I'm not sure if there is a solution yet to better blend this animation, but if it's possible, it would make prop planes far friendlier on immersion. 

This is about as good as it can be. Keep in mind that the RPM of the prop at startup is not linear as well, there are moments when it increases rather suddenly.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This is about as good as it can be. Keep in mind that the RPM of the prop at startup is not linear as well, there are moments when it increases rather suddenly.

I still think you have done a great job considering the limitations in the sim. Hopefully Asobo will address this issue in the future as this is something inherited from FSX. Hopefully they will also fully revise the turboprop model and implement beta range later this fall. I also hope they will give us better water physics as well in the future. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

According to Asobo, they should be improving turboprop engine logic, over SU5, 6 and 7

I hope they will fully revise the turboprop simulation including beta range and a way of setting up your controls for turboprops like with the Majestic QQ400. I'm also hoping for revised water physics in the near future. They're just as bad as the turboprop implementation, if not worse. Can't wait to take the Twin Otter out for a ride, but take your time with this product, there's no rush. This will be a day one purchase for me :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jan R. Storelvmo said:

I hope they will fully revise the turboprop simulation including beta range and a way of setting up your controls for turboprops like with the Majestic QQ400. I'm also hoping for revised water physics in the near future. They're just as bad as the turboprop implementation, if not worse. Can't wait to take the Twin Otter out for a ride, but take your time with this product, there's no rush. This will be a day one purchase for me :) 

Hi Mathijs

Given this, I have a Bravo throttle control.  I'm interested as to whether the throttle detent (below the idle stop) will be able to be mapped to BETA range on the Otter, as this would be similar to the actual throttle range in the aircraft..

• Upvote 1

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, Transair said:

Hi Mathijs

Given this, I have a Bravo throttle control.  I'm interested as to whether the throttle detent (below the idle stop) will be able to be mapped to BETA range on the Otter, as this would be similar to the actual throttle range in the aircraft..

I have to check on that.

• Thanks 2

On 7/24/2021 at 1:34 AM, Transair said:

Hi Mathijs

I'm pretty sure Asobo said this would be coming in one of the sim updates as they are revising the turboprop simulation. It's supposed to be complete after update 7, so I would guess this will be implemented at some point later this fall. 

On 7/21/2021 at 4:46 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

And while still in early stages (the effects etc are missing) but work on the animations is progressing very good. There will be a lot of animations and many are pretty damned complex.

Looking like you're making some amazing progress now - nice to see it in sim with fantastic screenshots and videos coming through to us too! Thanks!

On 7/24/2021 at 12:34 AM, Transair said:

I'm interested as to whether the throttle detent (below the idle stop) will be able to be mapped to BETA range on the Otter, as this would be similar to the actual throttle range in the aircraft..

This is not an analogue control on the Bravo quadrant, so the answer is no. If MSFS provides analogue control of the beta range (now or in the future) you will need different hardware to use it. (In X-Plane there is a way to toggle an axis between forward and reverse, which would be a good compromise.)

On 7/21/2021 at 11:46 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

And while still in early stages (the effects etc are missing) but work on the animations is progressing very good. There will be a lot of animations and many are pretty damned complex.

I know it's WIP but some flames/smokes during engine start up would be super cool! 

• Like 1

Can't wait it... Just thinking obout it. When I bought it and land in some airport, and meet some other players. Will other players, which don't have it, will see dhc-6 as dhc-6 or it will be as generic model or other players will not see me at all and if they want to see me with Otter, they have to buy it...

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Short nose floater, a variant we did not show yet and the near completed cargo cabin.

short_nose_01.jpg

short_nose_02.jpg

short_nose_03.jpg

cargoCabin_05.JPG

cargoCabin_06.JPG

I wonder what's inside the box... 🤔 

• Like 1