Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
59 minutes ago, Dig said:

A very cool screenshots!
Seeing the inside. Will it be possible to add passengers?

No, not planned. adding good looking humans will add a huge amount of polygons. When the next update promises a lot more efficiency we might reconsider. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

On 7.7.2021 at 13:12, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Btw I was looking at some information on the Skydiver version... check this out: https://www.radarbox.com/data/registration/N708PV

Hehe. Coming to the forums here. lurking around and seeing Mathijs being enthusiastic about a new product (and justifiably so) has become part of the experience. I really enjoy the way the staff here identifies with their work. I am really looking forward to this, yet another labor of love from Aerosoft. I hope it is not long now. Seeing the screenshots a few posts down makes me antsy with anticipation :)

and then you need to go and make me a new Cat, you know you want it too 😜

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2021 at 6:41 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

No, not planned. adding good looking humans will add a huge amount of polygons. When the next update promises a lot more efficiency we might reconsider. 

I look forward to a high-poly rendition of Hans in the cockpit of a twotter... ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I spent literally hundreds of hours in the Twotter Extended in the past couple of years, it was my favorite workhorse and money maker in FSEconomy, and I miss her since I stopped flying in P3D (for SOME reason) about a year ago. I know it's kinda ridiculous, but the Twotter's arrival in MFS in a couple of weeks or months makes me feel giddy.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

vor 11 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

And me, poor me, am now solidly on the manual.  Will be around 200 pages.

If you need someone to fly around your Twotter copy since you can't because you are busy, just let me know :P

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2021 at 9:13 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

No, inside the sim you can only do that for sim functions, but we;'ll give the LVAR list so with the well known tools you can create those connections. But it will be way easier then with the CRJ because there are less 'new' functions in this aircraft.

I am now testing SPAD.neXt and it is nice and powerful sw. I am testing it for the default Cessna C172 with steam gauges because it has IMHO the same set of  avionics modules you plan to add to the Twin Otter: Garmin 530, 430, AP, XPDR and ADF (see attachment).

BUT it looks like at least the both default Garmin GPSs and ADF do not produce any Simconnect nor LVAR data and so they are now accessible only via mouse.

Do you plan add your own LVARs even to these default avionics modules?

THX

C172-avionics.jpg

vor 5 Stunden , Tapi sagte:

both default Garmin GPSs and ADF do not produce any Simconnect nor LVAR data and so they are now accessible only via mouse.

ADF is accessible via:

K:ADF_100_INC K:ADF_100_DEC (10 and 1 respectively) and K:ADF1_RADIO_SWAP for frequency swapping for example. The G530 is supposed to be adressible in the future, as stated by Asobo (lack in the SDK in the moment). However, I can adress it right now via the mobiflight wasm module (freeware). This works with AxisAndOhs and should do so with spad as well. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2021 at 3:43 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Wednesday, image day...

Jae worked on the parajumper version (the special door still needs to be done).

parajumper_01.jpg

parajumper_02.jpg

parajumper_03.jpg

parajumper_04.jpg

Anne closed work on the GI maps so the cockpit textures now look pretty good.

inGame_cockpit_38.JPG

inGame_cockpit_36.JPG

inGame_cockpit_37.JPG

And me, poor me, am now solidly on the manual.  Will be around 200 pages.

The modelling on this aircraft continues to amaze me! 

• Like 1

• Root Admin

Wednesday, picture day...

Anne worked on more smallish detail for the interiors (there will be many different interiors of course)

cargoCabin_04.JPG

cargoCabin_001.JPG

cargoCabin_03.JPG

cargoCabin_02.JPG

While Jae completed the Skydiver version, that we showed last week from the modeler tools (as said before Anne will still have to hack a hole for the special skydiver door):

PARAJUMPER_07.jpg

PARAJUMPER_08.jpg

PARAJUMPER_09.jpg

PARAJUMPER_10.jpg

PARAJUMPER_11.jpg

PARAJUMPER_12.jpg

PARAJUMPER_01.jpg

PARAJUMPER_02.jpg

PARAJUMPER_03.jpg

PARAJUMPER_04.jpg

PARAJUMPER_05.jpg

Overall, in the last 5 months of the project we just had to extend it with one week so it is pretty much smooth sailing.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And while still in early stages (the effects etc are missing) but work on the animations is progressing very good. There will be a lot of animations and many are pretty damned complex.

Great stuff! Keep up the good job!

Look forward to this plane so much! I got into island hoping with the C208 and BN-2 in the sim, now I can’t wait to do it in one of if not the best island hoppers.

Been watching so many videos of these planes landing at island destinations and can’t wait to replicate it in this plane!

• Root Admin
19 minutes ago, SkyLaneOfficial said:

OMGGG This Is Marvellous !!

do you have ano plane on showing SeaPlane ops? (Asymetrical thrust maneuvers, docking, undocking etc) That would be lovely :)

A lot of that is at this moment being explored, we are limited by the sim as ever before.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And while still in early stages (the effects etc are missing) but work on the animations is progressing very good. There will be a lot of animations and many are pretty damned complex.

I know I'm in a minority, but I need to say it:

Cinematic prop animations are like lens flares. 

They indicate that you're not really there, but watching something recorded by a camera. You might not have noticed, but your brain did.

Some day, we'll get spinning props without the wagon wheel effect. But I guess the Twotter release date won't be that day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I have a minor comment on a bit of a gripe, since I work all day with helicopters with giant rotor disks. The prop animation seems particularly "step"-y, transitioning from one phase to another to a third abruptly with no smooth transition.

It's a bit jarring, especially when that effect is connected to FSX's turbofan animation (slowly spinning or spinning at speed, no in-between). It takes me out of the moment, unlike in reality where there's no visual change that registers in your brain as a "step"; real rotor disks get faster and faster and slowly get blurrier and blurrier to the naked eye until, well, they're at speed. 

I'm not sure if there is a solution yet to better blend this animation, but if it's possible, it would make prop planes far friendlier on immersion. 

• Like 1