Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

I'm going to play devils advocate, I do want to see the Twotter ASAP but I think AS is waiting for Asobo to add/change things regarding water physics and turboprop behaviour, likely being released in SU5. Then testing will need to be finished.

I think we'll see the CRJ900/1000 in July, the Twotter in August and while I'm guessing the A330 in late December/January 22, I'll happily be proved wrong ;) 

You think the A330 would be this year? well, I can't tell I havent really looked at the A330 Thread, just posted in to ask about PosCon integration for CPDLC haha, when the TwOtter will be out, I will probably go and Follow the A330 closer ;)

9 hours ago, flyerdu973 said:

You think the A330 would be this year?

It was mentioned in a early page of the airbus thread that one airbus is planned/hoped for late 2021, so fingers crossed

• Root Admin

While I learned the hard way that given any date will always bite you in the bum, release is not to be expected before August. project runs fully on schedule though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice that @Mathijs Kok claims the Otter will have the best modelling so far. Currently the CRJ has the best modelling out of existing add-ons, especially on the cockpit. Other parties (even PMDG, Just Flight, or Carenado) have pixelated textures, sometimes very noticeable when zooming in which doesn't happen at all with the CRJ: it's perfectly crispy.

My understanding for those pixelated textures (especially visible on texts) is that they're using pictures from the real aircraft, but at a too low resolution. A solution would be to put all those textures through an AI upscaler, those tools are impressive.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
13 minutes ago, eag_a said:

My understanding for those pixelated textures (especially visible on texts) is that they're using pictures from the real aircraft, but at a too low resolution. A solution would be to put all those textures through an AI upscaler, those tools are impressive.

The main reason for that is that we use the new decal technology a lot and we see many others are just now adjusting. Here is a short explanation on how it works:

image.png

image.png

Basically if you see text like "high res textures", or "4K" (or even 8K) textures you know the model is not made with the latest technology. 

An aircraft with a simple paint scheme can be done with very low base textures, often 1K textures would be more than enough, when all details are added as decals.  

There are other very important new technologies I am surprised are not being used extensively. For example:

image.png

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Per Peters said:

Is there a release date planned?

Think they said just a few responses back that it's not going to be released any time sooner than August but that "the project is on track".... It'll come when it comes :)

• Thanks 1

This picture is from this Topic if you want to check. If the developers are still on schedules, it should still be the case.

Also, please use English here so people unterstand ;) (I am french too, but I'm using english as a form of respect) if you are not familiar with English, please use Google Translator ;)

• Upvote 1

• Root Admin
1 minute ago, Robin K.ᴰᴱ said:

can you move freely in the plane?

You can do so in any aircraft. But if you mean if you can see the flightdeck from the back of the cabin, yes you can as there is no door between the two.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1