Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Donka said:

Is there a rough eta? Just an idea, not something for us to hold you to! 👹

We will start testing next week while we work on the last models. I am also spending most of next week on the manual.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

@Mathijs Kok
Can you please rethink about a future Twin Otter -400 expansion pack? We never had a -400 in FSX or P3D. FS2020 is the next step in flight simulation. Why not also taking the Twin Otter to the next step? :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

In reality, the -400 is not much different to the -300 line up. It's merely a "refresh" of what's already core to the Twin Otter ethos. Better fittings for modern avionic suites... improvements mechanically to little things here and there. Ultimately, you'd get the same sim experience as you would with the -300.  You have to also remember that there will probably be addons available that would swap out the steam gauges for modern avionics anyway (and they do exist currently for MSFS and are wildly popular). So to develop something that someone else already has done for them... seems fruitless. Ultimately, a Twin Otter Extended would be the sensible business decision to make with this series, and as a twotter pilot I may be a bit biased.... but I do like to see all of the "little things" that would possibly be included in a higher-tier future release! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My first post in this Forum :) I really hope its not to late to give some livery suggestions.

I´d really love to see the Air Seychelles livery when there´s hopefully an update for the Seychelles by Asobo or maybe a new Aerosoft MSFS Version from the Seychelles :D

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Hi @Mathijs Kok,
While eagerly awaiting new Twin Otter, I would like to ask you a question:
Are you plan to add possibility to assign keys (or key combinations) to EVERY switch/knob/button available in the cockpit?

To explain:
Some of us prefer not to use mouse while flying. I have many USB devices like HOTAS, Button boxes, Consoles with switches etc. that allows me to control all cockpit functions IF the simulator allows that.
And more: if key assignments works then one can map them to e.g. VoiceAttack SW and control the cockpit functions by voice commands. Voice commands are very helpful especially in VR.

So, would you PLS comment if the new Twotter will be ready to be controlled without mouse?

THX

• Upvote 1

• Root Admin
20 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Hi @Mathijs Kok,
While eagerly awaiting new Twin Otter, I would like to ask you a question:
Are you plan to add possibility to assign keys (or key combinations) to EVERY switch/knob/button available in the cockpit?

No, inside the sim you can only do that for sim functions, but we;'ll give the LVAR list so with the well known tools you can create those connections. But it will be way easier then with the CRJ because there are less 'new' functions in this aircraft.

@Mathijs Kok this is one aircraft that this Sim is literally SCREAMING for... day one purchase for me!  Thanks for the continual updates, I await release with bated breath.

This makes me even happier-

FwIC3cB.jpg

For those looking for control inputs- please look at Axis & Ohs- works BEAUTIFULLY via LVars.

HTH

C

• Like 1