Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You mean the two digital systems? That is a pretty common setup in these aircraft.

No, I see a Collins AP 106 (like in the Twin Otter Extended) and also what looks like a Bendix/King KAP 140 (below the two GPS units).

• Root Admin
12 hours ago, Gasoline said:

That said, I assume ongoing updates to them from Asobo will just work and so they'll get more capable over time?

Yes, and we know Asobo will keep on working with these systems, so that clinched the decision for us. 

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I would enjoy your comments. complaints, kudo's, rants, raves or whatever you like to say. 

Honestly sounds like a well thought out and considered approach. I'm very interested to see what happens when the Xbox version releases. I am pretty sure you will make a lot of sales, though.

12 hours ago, MarkHurst said:

No, I see a Collins AP 106 (like in the Twin Otter Extended) and also what looks like a Bendix/King KAP 140 (below the two GPS units).

afbeelding.png.066f12ae770b7101af6d5d61cb7bb145.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

For the navigation instruments we have decided to use the default systems of MSFS. This decision was done after a lot of discussion.

Hi Mathijs,

Any change for an option were the transponder and Garmin530 is replace with the PMS Garmin 750?  Like Justflight and Carenado have done with some of there models?

Link: https://pms50.com/msfs/

Thx,

Marcel

31 minutes ago, MarkHurst said:

Yes, that's the other autopilot.

NO, just one Autopilot 🙂 :

AP= Autopilot

ATC = Transponder

ADF = ADF receiver

2 hours ago, mgr said:

NO, just one Autopilot 🙂 :

AP= Autopilot

ATC = Transponder

ADF = ADF receiver

Perhaps you are not familiar with the previous versions of this aicraft.

ap106.jpg

4 minutes ago, MarkHurst said:

Perhaps you are not familiar with the previous versions of this aicraft.

Now i get you 🙂 Fear with the wording of Mathijs the one you circled will not be functional, maybe only a repeater of the KAP140 (pure speculation). Hope Mathijs can make it clear.

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, mgr said:

Hi Mathijs,

Any change for an option were the transponder and Garmin530 is replace with the PMS Garmin 750?  Like Justflight and Carenado have done with some of there models?

Link: https://pms50.com/msfs/

Thx,

Marcel

We will consider it after release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Root Admin
32 minutes ago, mgr said:

Now i get you 🙂 Fear with the wording of Mathijs the one you circled will not be functional, maybe only a repeater of the KAP140 (pure speculation). Hope Mathijs can make it clear.

Will check.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2021 at 8:51 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

The Twin Otter is in the 25 euro/dollar class. (might be 29, we'll see)

Sounds like a well prepared plan and even being not involved in your kind of business (only as a customer) the explanations sound very logical and make sense. Looking forward to add the Twotter to my hangar!!!

Regarding the price my personal point of view is that going with 25 bucks should lead to higher volumes compensating the "missing" 4 bucks by far. As said I'm not involved in your kind of business but somehow 25 feels MUCH better than 29 (I'll buy it anyway - even for 50) but if I'd see the Twotter in the Marketplace for 25 and it wouldn't be "my" type of aircraft, I'd give it a try whereas if it's close to 30 I'd hesitate and would do some more research and think if it's worth the money or not.

It's just a personal feeling but 25 is way closer to my impulse buying threshold than 29. Might sound strange but that's it and listening to other gamers talking about other games as well, buying DLCs around 20 seems not such an issue whereas going beyond 25 is somehow blocking the "instant buy impulse".

Not sure if that makes sense and if you have made some similar experiences / research results that underline my personal feelings. For me FS Addons are still very pricy (not saying they aren't worth the money) compared to DLCs in other games and seing many new people entering the flightsim market with MSFS, keeping the prizes at a certain level might lead to total different sale numbers than ever before in the flightsim industry.

However I'm totally convinced that the Twin Otter for MSFS will continue to be a great success!

• Like 3

I guess my last message here was 8-9 years ago. Now I came back to civil simming for Msfs2020. This plane always my favorite and it will be the one of the three planes that I will buy for Msfs2020 along with dc6 and 737.

Is there an ETA for this baby?

23 hours ago, cenkcnk said:

I guess my last message here was 8-9 years ago. Now I came back to civil simming for Msfs2020. This plane always my favorite and it will be the one of the three planes that I will buy for Msfs2020 along with dc6 and 737.

Knowing Aerosoft for almost 20 years now, it will be out only if it is perfect or close to that.

Bye, David

23 hours ago, cenkcnk said:

It's unofficially been given a window of Summer 2021 (subject to change I imagine depending on development & potential SIM changes).

• Upvote 1

Brilliant! For me MSFS is only Prop and VFR. Auto pilot only Altitude and heading, Usually fully manual landings and P3D for the Boeing and Airbus. Im quite happy to carry on like that but im not sure how much longer ill avoid having to go from V4 to V5.

Really looking forward to flying from Donegal to the Scottish Highlands or Okha to Khavarosk in Russia in the Twotter:D

• Like 1

On 20.6.2021 at 14:21, KoleB sagte:

It's unofficially been given a window of Summer 2021 (subject to change I imagine depending on development & potential SIM changes).

Yeah, end of summer would be fine .... I am really looking forward to flying the twin otter.

@Mathijs Kok can I ask, and this may have been asked before, but how come in all shots we’ve show so far, the front wheel is always at an angle? Is that done on purpose? Or just a WIP kinda thing?

Just something I noticed! Looking forward to flying it ;)

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin
12 hours ago, Dopster198 said:

@Mathijs Kok can I ask, and this may have been asked before, but how come in all shots we’ve show so far, the front wheel is always at an angle? Is that done on purpose? Or just a WIP kinda thing?

Just something I noticed! Looking forward to flying it ;)

That's because some of the animation code is not yet activated.

• Thanks 1