Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

From my side the planning is:

tomorrow the big CRJ update

after that the CRJ 900/1000

after that the Twin Otter (10 models!)

after the A330.

Ohhhh A330 is just after the TwOtter? A Long Hauler (sort of) soon? You have all my Support!

8 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

Hi, those circuit breakers and failures are modelled ?

I don’t know if previous comments about other products apply to this one but they have said no on the grounds that they are unlikely. Aerosoft planes are meant to simulate the captains normal flight nothing more nothing less.

• Upvote 2

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, sgmoore3617 said:

I don’t know if previous comments about other products apply to this one but they have said no on the grounds that they are unlikely. Aerosoft planes are meant to simulate the captains normal flight nothing more nothing less.

Indeed. 

On 5/26/2021 at 3:43 AM, KoleB said:

Was this Sim Update 4 the changes you were looking for with the turbo props Mathijs? Or do further updates (e.g. SU5) need to be made for the Twotter to be viable? 

It's one step in the right direction, but there's still a lot to do to get the turboprop right. Beta range is not implementet yet and there's also a bug with way too slow torque response to name a couple. The rest of the improvements to the turboprop simulation is supposed to come out in sim update 5 and 6. Now that we know we're getting a float version of the Twin Otter, let's hope Asobo gives us proper water physics. Fingers crossed! :) 

Well I'm pretty sure that in the not too distant future I will be flying 3 x Aircraft only in MSFS.

Currently flying the CRJ. 

Then ill hop about in the Twin Otter and then eventually long haul in the A330.

What more would I need. Brilliant Aerosoft, brilliant. 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The good news of the day is that we got some of the gauges to work. And they work with the new engine options of the sim and are pretty damned good. Better then P3D. Still some issue shown in the image, but we are getting there!

image.png

yes a good  look for those engines gauges !

It makes me throught that a day i got a remark on my sim cockpit from a real twotter pilot who said "why the T5 and prop RPM gauges are inversed ,"  ... I got no clue because I copied the DHC-6 TwinOtter-400 addon 3D cockpit

I never asked to a real pilot group, I will now to know the end of the story :)

But googling some real photos I see the T5 below the Prop RPM

photo.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&qualit

here

30399_1044022547.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, VTA217 said:

But googling some real photos I see the T5 below the Prop RPM

There are tons of different cockpit layouts out there. And the real Twotter Aerosoft had access to simply looked like that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

image.png

This are the reference image we use.  I'll check if this is the odd one out. But we have seen the weirdest panel layouts from Twin Otters

Good spot from @VTA217 indeed the T5 and PROP RPM are the wrong way around. In the real A/C the Torque is at the top followed by Prop RPM then T5 then Gas Gen RPM. See attached images from the real AC and also the DHC6 flight safety international manual. 

Really enjoying the progress! 

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_E5159.JPG

IMG_E5161.JPG

Picture2Center Consol.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, jake-m190 said:

Good spot from @VTA217 indeed the T5 and PROP RPM are the wrong way around. In the real A/C the Torque is at the top followed by Prop RPM then T5 then Gas Gen RPM.

Well as my image shown, not in the aircraft we model.... 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well as my image shown, not in the aircraft we model.... 

Indeed it would seem so... In my experience this is the only DHC6-300 I have come across with this config of engine instrumentation... 

I assume its actually quite difficult now to swap them around within the MSFS model? 

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, jake-m190 said:

I assume its actually quite difficult now to swap them around within the MSFS model? 

IMHO no need to do this. This way you have a quite unique Cockpit layout.