Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

I dont know why but no one is Even caring or want to develop the dash 8- Q100/200 and Q300 ppl only care about the q400 the 300 and 100/200 is my dream plane

3 hours ago, Ari.S said:

I dont know why but no one is Even caring or want to develop the dash 8- Q100/200 and Q300 ppl only care about the q400 the 300 and 100/200 is my dream plane

I think you'll find Majestic are doing exactly that...400, 300, 200 in time....

18 minutes ago, Ari.S said:

They are only making the q400

Ari, for the record, there's numerous articles stating Majestic are working on the 100/200/300 series, albeit they are currently not focused on them whilst they evaluated the newer MSFS platform, although this was as of 2020, which I think they are now developing for.

That being said we are on Aerosoft's forum, and more specifically, the twin otter, so it's not fair to Aerosoft to detract from the twin otter by talking about another dev. If you think Majestic won't come through on their word that they will create the 100-300, then I suggest posting on the thread below, requesting that Aerosoft think about developing it.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Ari.S said:

People mostly care about the ones that still fly or the ones that are most widely known. Tough luck for me also, an MD-11 lover. At least TFDi is on it now.

@Mathijs Kok I assume this will be the next MSFS release, followed by the Airbuses later in the year?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ari.S said:

Seems to be the way these days. The kids only want to fly something they can program an FMC and let it fly on AP itself while they take screenshots. 

I'd love some old proper airliners, with proper radios and AP, but unfortunately such things are a labour of love and commercially not very viable. Caravelle's, Tridents, DC8's etc etc. Even 146's, A300's and 757 at a push. There was such a range and every one had very different characteristics. Now the electronics handle most of the nuances. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JarredP said:

People mostly care about the ones that still fly or the ones that are most widely known.

This is true, its funny though, even as a kid I was more interested in the stuff I had just missed in real life. That's why I have a soft spot for freighters, they keep going well beyond when the equivalent passenger aircraft have retired.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XR219 said:

Seems to be the way these days. The kids only want to fly something they can program an FMC and let it fly on AP itself while they take screenshots. 

I'd love some old proper airliners, with proper radios and AP, but unfortunately such things are a labour of love and commercially not very viable. Caravelle's, Tridents, DC8's etc etc. Even 146's, A300's and 757 at a push. There was such a range and every one had very different characteristics. Now the electronics handle most of the nuances. 

Having spent my entire flight sim career flying mostly FMC aircraft I can't disagree with you (well I didn't take screenshots ;)), that being said now I am older and MSFS in perfect for lower altitude flying, I am defiantly going to do a lot more older-school flying with the twotter/DC6/any older school aircraft that may come our way.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 9:19 AM, EasternT3 said:

The answer is on the bottom of the last page, quote "Release is more or less linked to some simupdates as we do need a better turbine and propeller model."

Just installing SU4 right now and reading through the Release notes V1.16.2.0

image.thumb.png.37f3b3294a5e5dfb54bd1aa6e495cee7.png

Hope these simupdates to the turboprop, will push the release date forward😍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well we do not like to toot our own horn but Alexander who is doing the flight model for the Twotter has been in rather close contact with our friends at Asobo....

That is very promising 🍻

Amazing New !!!!

Now, Water Physics is something Asobo should start working on soon since the FloatTwOtter is going tohave some virtual activities ^^ son Handling on water, waves interaction, Docking/Undocking. I am excited to see how they are going to do that :D

@Mathijs KokAny idea on when the next Previews pics will drop? :) I'm Hungry :P

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well we do not like to toot our own horn but Alexander who is doing the flight model for the Twotter has been in rather close contact with our friends at Asobo....

Was this Sim Update 4 the changes you were looking for with the turbo props Mathijs? Or do further updates (e.g. SU5) need to be made for the Twotter to be viable? 

• Root Admin
6 hours ago, KoleB said:

Was this Sim Update 4 the changes you were looking for with the turbo props Mathijs? Or do further updates (e.g. SU5) need to be made for the Twotter to be viable? 

Still being looked at but the sky is a LOT brighter now! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Still being looked at but the sky is a LOT brighter now! 

Great news, glad to see the sim continue to progress, best of luck with the final stretch of development!

• Upvote 1

• Root Admin
On 5/25/2021 at 3:35 PM, JarredP said:

@Mathijs Kok I assume this will be the next MSFS release, followed by the Airbuses later in the year?

From my side the planning is:

tomorrow the big CRJ update

after that the CRJ 900/1000

after that the Twin Otter (10 models!)

after the A330.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

after the A330.

Shaping up nicely, best wishes for all the upcoming aircraft.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

after the A330.

tomorrow is the big CRJ Update from Marketplace? or from Aerosoft itself?