• Deputy Sheriffs

There's zero point in preordering a digital download. It's available to everyone at the moment of release and there's no limited supply.

For boxed products, it makes limited sense. The days of a nice printed manual are long gone, so all you get is a CD/DVD, the same as a download, although boxes do still sell well in a few markets. You might get it a day or two earlier than someone who orders on release, but then, Aerosoft typically delays that product until after the inevitable first couple of updates/patches or so.

• Upvote 5
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I fully agree with that.    Here are images of a test Jae Eon done today on the materials. Note how the surfaces are not fully flat, should work really well with the lighting engine. 

First export to MFS. Some tweaks to do but we love how the surfaces work. JaeEon is doing great work. It's now up to Anne to show us that here interior work is even better.     

A few new pictures of the current progress straight from the sim.            

Posted Images

On 4/27/2021 at 1:44 PM, aurel42 said:

I'm so looking forward to flying the Twotter again, it was one of my favorite non-A2A aircraft in P3D.

It would be great if it came with support for the PMS50 GTN750. That kind of retrofit doesn't seem to be entirely unrealistic, and the GTN750 is a great quality-of-life improvement for flying in VR, because the touchscreen is much easier to handle than a classic GPS with wedding-cake rotaries (which are a nightmare to use with the mouse in VR). So please, please consider integrating the 3rd-party GTN750. Thanks!

I came here to ask the same question. I just tried it with the JustFlight Arrow today, and it's brilliant. Having the GTN750 available (without awkwardly rendering in an inappropriately-shaped bezel) in the Twin Otter would be excellent.

1513345057_MicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_05.02-10_09_16.10(2).thumb.png.f289805b83a2c58299548e5cdb4905b1.png

• Upvote 4
  • Root Admin
On 4/30/2021 at 11:10 PM, OnCourse said:

Any news on the Twin Otter being updated for P3Dv5? I know that MSFS 2020 is taking the front seat in resource allocation, but there are a lot of folks out there that vested heavily into P3D over the past years, and would still love to fly this fun model. Miss landing it on water, especially.

Sorry no plans for that.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, P_R_S said:

Will the RealSimGear hardware works?

I am sure there are ways to make it work.

• Like 1

I have seing this alot on the twin otter extended is that when you start up the propeller just kicks in which is very unrealistic and the reverse thrust sound it is unrealistic but im just saying i have seen this a lot on youtube

Can't wait for this. 

Is it possible to have a Parachute dropping one with the metal shutter door and maybe some thing that will simulate the dropp maybe a buttin in the cockpit you press to give the green light, 
Sounds comestic but by pressing that button you could slowly reduce the payload by 140kg every second until your payload is gone??

I would love flying around SOCAL over jump sites and the do the wing over dive after the payload is reduced.

Seeing the parachutes is that main thing for me, the shift in weight would be great if you could simulate it,
Maybe a load tab that you say stick in a figure of say 15 parajumpers = a payload of say 2100kg,  When you click the button over the airport you hit the switch the light goes green and the weight of the aircraft slowly decreases 140Kg every second for 15 seconds.  2100kg total.

Cheers Neil M

Will it be hard to controll the plane with the Airbus tca quadrant because we have to take the throttle a bit forward to make it idle and if i take it a bit forward it wil pop back in to the beta idle pos so if it is like that make it friendly with with the Airbus tca qadrant

• Upvote 1