Vor 1 Stunde, BrianV sagte:

Wonderful level of detail in these shots. When the plane is in the water, will the waves be within the model, or is that something that will need to be addressed within the MSFS engine itself?

Even if, you wouldn't notice since you can't look into the floater anyway... 🙂

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I fully agree with that.    Here are images of a test Jae Eon done today on the materials. Note how the surfaces are not fully flat, should work really well with the lighting engine. 

So, after a very busy period it is now the time of football and warm summer evenings. That means things for us slow down a bit (you have no idea how much these things affect our sales, give us a rainy

Posted Images

Ohhh, hah! Now I gotcha.. with "within the model" you didn't mean literally" will waves float and form around the model or poke through it" - you meant whether wave creation will be generated by the model itself or MSFS! Hah Sorry mate! 😄 😄

You might be on the lucky side here! Just last night before sleep I finally took the time to watch the last MSFS-Update video conference of the devs. And guess what! Among talking about what changes and fixes will be coming for turboprops in general, they also said they are working on actual water physics!
They said that they actually went to a seaplane base to see and observe taxiing/landing/departing seaplanes for physics simulation.

So there is a good chance that by the time the Twotter is released, MSFS itself will have proper water physics for it! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, MikeyShu said:

You might be on the lucky side here! Just last night before sleep I finally took the time to watch the last MSFS-Update video conference of the devs. And guess what! Among talking about what changes and fixes will be coming for turboprops in general, they also said they are working on actual water physics!
They said that they actually went to a seaplane base to see and observe taxiing/landing/departing seaplanes for physics simulation.

So there is a good chance that by the time the Twotter is released, MSFS itself will have proper water physics for it! 🙂

Amazing News !!!!! Thanks for Sharing !!!

• Like 2

Is there any assurance the Otter will not be using the MSFS turboprop simulation? As it is well known it is comically wrong and even Asobo has long term plans to make it even remotely operate like a turboprop.

The renders of the Otter are beautiful, and the CRJ is a great machine that I love, but I'm just wanting to know if aerosoft has a strategy to make the pt6 behave correctly?

vor 4 Stunden , flyerdu973 sagte:

Amazing News !!!!! Thanks for Sharing !!!

Here the YT Link with the timestamp to the moment where they say it:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm so looking forward to flying the Twotter again, it was one of my favorite non-A2A aircraft in P3D.

It would be great if it came with support for the PMS50 GTN750. That kind of retrofit doesn't seem to be entirely unrealistic, and the GTN750 is a great quality-of-life improvement for flying in VR, because the touchscreen is much easier to handle than a classic GPS with wedding-cake rotaries (which are a nightmare to use with the mouse in VR). So please, please consider integrating the 3rd-party GTN750. Thanks!

• Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
On 4/25/2021 at 10:42 AM, Eric Bakker said:

I think Brian is relating to the wake waves created.

image.png

yes, effects will be a major part of the project. Not very well documented though

• Like 1

Really everything implemented very nicely

Mathijs

What would interest me, do you work with the original plans and dimensions that you got from the manufacturer of the Twin Otter or did you measure a Twin Otter yourself in order to be able to represent such precise details

• Root Admin
40 minutes ago, pfanner said:

Really everything implemented very nicely

Mathijs

What would interest me, do you work with the original plans and dimensions that you got from the manufacturer of the Twin Otter or did you measure a Twin Otter yourself in order to be able to represent such precise details

It's a combination of both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any news on the Twin Otter being updated for P3Dv5? I know that MSFS 2020 is taking the front seat in resource allocation, but there are a lot of folks out there that vested heavily into P3D over the past years, and would still love to fly this fun model. Miss landing it on water, especially.

Are circuit breakers simulated in this product?I would also like to see the autopilot as an option that can be removed. Most operators prefer to pilot the Twin Otter manually, so they have removed the autopilot.

I wonder if Aerosoft would consider taking pre-orders for the Twin Otter ??  I certainly want to get my hands on a copy when it is released.  A bit like putting my name on a waiting list for a luxury car......

Jerry

3 hours ago, Jerry Tilley said:

I wonder if Aerosoft would consider taking pre-orders for the Twin Otter ??  I certainly want to get my hands on a copy when it is released.  A bit like putting my name on a waiting list for a luxury car......

Jerry

I remember someone asked this when we were waiting for the crj. They said there is no reason too. But I am sure they will happily take your money when it comes out.😉

• Like 1