Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

vor 17 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Perhaps anybody has any suggestion about what versions and liveries we should make? 

The first person to say 'glass cockpit' is banned for ever. We really want this to be a old style sturdy aircraft.

I would really appreciate to get a Tara Air (aka Yeti Air) or Nepal Airlines livery.

If you need some high resolution images from both sides please let me know. I took the below pictures and many more during my Nepal trip and can provide you with images if needed.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9180845

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9180841

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Perhaps anybody has any suggestion about what versions and liveries we should make? 

The first person to say 'glass cockpit' is banned for ever. We really want this to be a old style sturdy aircraft.

Winair for sure!
I am also certain Brandon would ask the same, if he was here ;)

• Like 2

• CRJ Forum Moderator
5 minutes ago, Eric Bakker said:

Winair for sure!
I am also certain Brandon would ask the same, if he was here ;)

Winair is indeed a must have ;) One of the largest DHC6-300 series carrier still flying them daily in and out of SXM

Air Antilles Express and Air Calin would also be nice to see on the same series.

-300 Amphibian wise, anything from Transmaldivian to Manta Air and Maldivian.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Harbour Air for sure! Had the privilege of flying on one a few years back and the experience made me fall in love with this aircraft.  

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED MATERIAL REMOVED!

Please post links to such content only.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Skybus standard wheels please I can supply as many photos as you could like :D and Verson 300/310

Float verson would also be nice with a TMA. 

Skybus-refurbed-Twin-Otter.jpg

Noticed also the texture of the de-ice boots looks strange if you required any photos of these do let me know (Y) 

4 hours ago, blackbird971 said:

Winair is indeed a must have ;) One of the largest DHC6-300 series carrier still flying them daily in and out of SXM

Air Antilles Express and Air Calin would also be nice to see on the same series.

-300 Amphibian wise, anything from Transmaldivian to Manta Air and Maldivian.

Hey My Friend!

Thanks for commenting about Air Antilles, AirCalin and TMA :D

I can't wait fot the TwOtter !!! I miss it since I got MSFS hahaha

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Like several have mentioned, Loganair would be great to see, but I'd love the old Loganair livery, fits the period nicely...

De Havilland Canada DHC-6-310 Twin Otter - Loganair | Aviation Photo #0231124 | Airliners.net

In addition, MANX were an operator back in the day too...  (Albeit leased from Loganair if I remember)

De Havilland Canada DHC-6-310 Twin Otter - Manx Airlines | Aviation Photo #0194872 | Airliners.net

And for something a little more remote...

De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 Twin Otter - British Antarctic Survey | Aviation Photo #0007957 | Airliners.net

Yep, I never flew with them but they had a really varied selection of A/C over the years. Used to see them coming into Sydenham (EGAC) when I was a kid.

Fiji Airways to purchase three new Viking Air DHC-6-400 Twin Otters for Fiji  Link | World Airline News

I have flown in this many a times when visiting Fiji. My 7 year old used to sit next to me when I flew this in P3D. Imagine his surprise when the last time we were in Fiji, he got to experience a flight in this. The look on his face was priceless.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, flyerdu973 said:

Hey My Friend!

Thanks for commenting about Air Antilles, AirCalin and TMA :D

I can't wait fot the TwOtter !!! I miss it since I got MSFS hahaha

I'm hanging out for a Caribbean livery as well. Air Antilles, Winair or any others from the area would be awesome. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2021 at 2:07 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Just keep checking here.   Might not always apply but we tend top pick people who have a high reputation status on the forums.

I hope Mark at Almost Aviation is getting to beta test:

https://www.youtube.com/user/keysounddotcom

He has a dedicated Twin Otter cockpit with throttles overhead, and is very familiar with the previous Aerosoft Twin Otters.

I am with Brian V and think for the PNW that Harbour Air and Kenmore are essential! After all Victoria is where Viking is based. I love the idea of the CC138 RCAF colours as well. I flew the Comox based Search and Rescue Buffalo in FSX extensively and loved doing a high speed pass over towns and airports.

Ha ha. I read Abriael s post about JA 8799. My son was a FSR for Viking and was dispatched to southern Siberia to work on a fleet of Twin Otters there. Their opinion was ( Russian accent) " Pretty good plane, built kind of light but still pretty good plane! " He also worked in Peru and previously had run Cessna Caravans but found the Twin Otters much more durable. He has a new appreciation of what they will put up with and still fly.

My two cents, Buzz

• Upvote 1