Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, kberg said:

Do u by any chance know whats connecting the 2 yokes so they turn identical on the plane? 😄 (best guess is a tiny steel wire or a chain like on a a bike)🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, it's all cables.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Some new images after our weekly developers update meeting.

Anne is still working on the soft stuff in the cockpit. Note the left image, we have hundreds of those with mesaurements.

cockpit_pilotSeat_materialTest_01.PNG

Also some new work on the seats and the light.

cockpit_pilotSeat_01.jpg

cockpit_mainLamp_01.PNG

JaeEon is working on the layers of dirt and dust. Note how carefully it is put where the windstream would hit the surfaces head on.

dust01.jpg

And to end with just some cool images.

twotter03.jpg

twotter11.jpg

twotter05.jpg

twotter06.jpg

Yep, MSFS will definitely show the TwOtter Real Beauty :)

The devs are doing an Incredible Work here !!! Thank yound for dromming Pics Mathijs! Good Luck to the Team!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks so much for Twin Otter. I'm really exciting this model. Cabin looks pretty good. It would be great if you add some scratch and scuffs on some details like yoke and buttons.
It's the small things but it makes plane more "alive". As example you can see some DCS modules  like Hornet and F-16, it looks real whith such details. Anyway thanks again for amazing models.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, speedster? said:

I am so happy Norland is included. Can’t wait to have this, but I might have a long wait ahead. Q2, Q3 or Q3 2021?

What others liveries will be in the base package?

Judging what Mathijs has said across this thread and an article, it's still got a few months to go but they are hoping for a release before August/September, as for liveries that information probably (if it's the same as the CRJ) won't be released until. just before release

• Upvote 1

vor 16 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Some new images after our weekly developers update meeting.

Anne is still working on the soft stuff in the cockpit. Note the left image, we have hundreds of those with mesaurements.

cockpit_pilotSeat_materialTest_01.PNG

Also some new work on the seats and the light.

cockpit_pilotSeat_01.jpg

cockpit_mainLamp_01.PNG

JaeEon is working on the layers of dirt and dust. Note how carefully it is put where the windstream would hit the surfaces head on.

dust01.jpg

And to end with just some cool images.

twotter03.jpg

twotter11.jpg

twotter05.jpg

twotter06.jpg

Really nice pictures! Looking forward to this plane as much as the CRJ

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 25.2.2021 at 05:49, Crazy Russian sagte:

It would be great if you add some scratch and scuffs on some details like yoke and buttons.
It's the small things but it makes plane more "alive".

That is already the plan :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Anne Ludwig said:

That is already the plan :)

Amazing !!!

May I ask about Animations? do we have Propeller Feathering animation too? (even side view propeller animation?). Maybe openable pilot/copilot's windows, doors, cargo.

You are doing an Incredible Work !!!

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 26.2.2021 at 18:35, flyerdu973 sagte:

Amazing !!!

May I ask about Animations? do we have Propeller Feathering animation too? (even side view propeller animation?). Maybe openable pilot/copilot's windows, doors, cargo.

You are doing an Incredible Work !!!

Thanks for the compliments :)

As with the geometry, the animations are divided between Jae Eon and me. So I'm only responsible for the animations in and with the interior.

In that context I have already worked on animations for the pilot and copilot door. The doors in the passenger area will also able to be opened. But I have to disappoint you with the windows, as no animations are planned for them yet...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thank for answering @Anne Ludwig :)

I like the "Yet" at the end, gives me hope haha? doors windows was just because I saw it in videos, what I would leally like to see is real-time props featherins, reverse etc ;)

Talking about Pilot&Compilot, are you going tgo make your own models? or use the Asobo Avatar (I hope for this one :) )

Take care You and Jae, you Both are a DreamTeam, Keep the Good work going, I can't wait for the next Load of Screenshots to drop here :D !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 16 Stunden , flyerdu973 sagte:

Thank for answering @Anne Ludwig :)

I like the "Yet" at the end, gives me hope haha? doors windows was just because I saw it in videos, what I would leally like to see is real-time props featherins, reverse etc ;)

Talking about Pilot&Compilot, are you going tgo make your own models? or use the Asobo Avatar (I hope for this one :) )

Take care You and Jae, you Both are a DreamTeam, Keep the Good work going, I can't wait for the next Load of Screenshots to drop here :D !

yeah, such a "yet" is a nice thing :D

I really like your enthusiasm and your curiosity to know everything about this plane however I am sorry I cannot answer all of your questions yet ... But we all do everything to make the best Twin Otter we can have, and as far we know or have something new, you will find it here ;)

And so we will continue this good work!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Anne Ludwig said:

I really like your enthusiasm and your curiosity to know everything about this plane however I am sorry I cannot answer all of your questions yet ... But we all do everything to make the best Twin Otter we can have, and as far we know or have something new, you will find it here ;)

Sounds like it is going to be a great addition to our hanger Anne!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anne Ludwig said:

The Twin Otter is my Favourite Plane :D so yes, I want to know everything about it ;) I wish I could test it in Beta haha :D

I'm right here waiting for the next Previews Drops, Anne!

Take care!

• Upvote 1