Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter (released)

Mathijs Kok

13 hours ago, BenKorek2021 said:

Well I've gone and purchased the Honeycomb Bravo quadrant in anticipation of this mod... I hope you're happy Aerosoft! (Judging by the fact that your logo is on the Honeycomb box, I suspect you are - at least a little bit...)

Congratulations on the purchase. Now you need to figure out how to hang it upside down from the ceiling.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

vor 4 Stunden , UnsealedKarma sagte:

Congratulations on the purchase. Now you need to figure out how to hang it upside down from the ceiling.

Why that? No need to, you just need to turn your apartment upside down. Much easier than trying to somehow mount the Bravo Throttle on your ceiling. Trust me, speaking from experience.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

A question about the stall strips.
According to the manual, both stall trips are on the right wing side of the Floater Twin Otter. Here you can see them distributed as expected in the wheel/ski variants.

100_FLOATER_02.jpg

Possibly a design mistake that has already been corrected. How is it in real with the amphibian variant. Are both stall trips also on the right wing side, or are they distributed on both sides?

Edit

Unfortunately, this is somewhat unclear in the manual. It could also be that a third, smaller stall trip is additionally mounted on the right side of the floaters and the left side is inactive. You can see that very well on this picture. However, if that were the case, it would be missing from this preliminary design. The question about the amphibious version is unaffected.

dhc6_100_floater11.jpg

Final Edit - I was doing some research. 🙂

Copenhagen Sea Airport - A razor sharp series of photos of a DHC-6-300 in the amphibian variant. You can see the stall strips of the two wings very clearly in the photos. Right wing two, left wing one. The position of the second stall strip also matches the drawing of the manual. Result: It would be nice, if this note is reflected on the Aerosoft Twin Otter (Float/Amphibian) and we can enjoy an even more realistic Exterior Check. 🙂

On 11/29/2021 at 1:13 PM, testorius said:

Hi Ben, you wrote about realism. Let's illuminate the topic in this context for a short moment. 🙂

In the manual for the 300 series, which is what most of the Aerosoft versions are, the maximum range is 722 NM (zero payload, cruise 10,000 ft, long range power, fuel reserve 45 minutes). Interesting are the options special equipment. Wing fuel tanks, increase of flight time by approx. 1 hour and the optional ferry fuel system of min. 4 to max. 9 interconnected 45 Imperial gallon steel drums, which are installed in the cabin.

Assuming the Aerosoft base of the Twin Otter is rock solid, all indications currently suggest that it is, some of the brilliant MSFS modders will probably get to work with it and explore what is possible.

Possibly a very interesting ferry tank project that I discovered nine months ago on reddit will be continued.  "Turtlepac 33Gal internal fuel tank".

Will say:

Mr. Kok, wing fuel tanks part of the delivery?

Ben, you can in all likelihood successfully plan your extended Legs in implementation.

I've since learned that there's another suitable airfield (Teniente R. Marsh Airport) further north in Antarctica, on King George Island. Google Earth tells me that it's 529 NM from there to Ushuaia, and 398 NM from there to British Rothera. Hopefully Teniente R. Marsh airport makes it into Aerosoft's Antarctica Volume 2?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ReyCandy said:

We are finally getting closer to December 24th ... (dreaming about Twotters...)

Oh I doubt that we will have to wait that long. I am sure that Aerosoft marketing are aware of the upcoming release of the Kodiak on the 17th of the month. My guess is that the Twotter will be released on Dec 9. Just an educated guess.

• Upvote 2

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, John2 said:

Oh I doubt that we will have to wait that long. I am sure that Aerosoft marketing are aware of the upcoming release of the Kodiak on the 17th of the month. My guess is that the Twotter will be released on Dec 9. Just an educated guess.

Nope. In fact we might be looking at some delay. Hope to know more soon but things are a bit fuzzy right now.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nope. In fact we might be looking at some delay. Hope to know more soon but things are a bit fuzzy right now.

Oh.. that's unfortunate. Even so, I hope it won't be delayed too much. Happy holidays! 

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2021 at 8:32 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

My heart skipped a beat, but this is still positive as we don't want a broken Twotter.  Good things come to those who wait.

Just found this, my daughter and I looking at one near to where I live (Skybus livery wink wink)

IMG_5830.thumb.JPG.093a4399303d9c0ee9b2e51203bb2fbf.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2.12.2021 at 09:32, Mathijs Kok sagte:

😞 That's really unfortunately. Was hoping to give myself a Christmas present. Well, there's still some hope. :-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter (released)
  • Mathijs Kok locked this topic