Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter (released)

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
9 hours ago, chairman said:

Hi Mathijs

This isn't a 'when can we have it' post, it'll be here when it's ready, no problem with that. It's just been announced that one of the things the Kodiak is waiting for is SU7 because of things that update will change, given that this is (seems like) a similarly complex turboprop is SU7 one of the boxes to be ticked before we get the Twotter ? 

I do not believe so. The engine/prop assembly is very much the same as in the PC-6 that Hans have just completed for Microsoft.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Tal A. said:

Come on man! show some respect for the devs and for the rest of the people in this forum! You've been told (several times now) that there's still no official date for release! You keep asking "WHEN" every few days WILL NOT make them tell you or get the release sooner!

Oh I cant be Happy? I show respect to the devs, im just exited. Sorry i guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, TheGreatestDonut said:

Oh I cant be Happy? I show respect to the devs, im just exited. Sorry i guess.

I don't recall I said you're not allowed to be happy. I just think we all need to respect one another and of course respect the work of the devs, which we all know work hard and also tend to be responsive here. Asking them repeatedly for a release date, something they clearly don't want to share yet, isn't being excited - it's being annoying. Sorry. That being said, OF COURSE you're allowed to be excited. We all are! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

vor 46 Minuten, Tal A. sagte:

I just think we all need to respect one another and of course respect the work of the devs, which we all know work hard and also tend to be responsive here. 

Asking for the release date does not mean that he has no respect for the developers. It means that he would like to know a bit more about the release date. No more no less. There is no need to answer him. But you don't have to lecture him either.  

Sorry to say :)    

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

12 hours ago, Heiligs Blechle said:

Asking for the release date does not mean that he has no respect for the developers. It means that he would like to know a bit more about the release date. No more no less. There is no need to answer him. But you don't have to lecture him either.  

Sorry to say :)    

Imagine downvoting this 🤔

Asking for a release date doesn't mean stomping around like a madman demanding the release date to be disclosed... or else. It means being excited for a product and wanting to buy it, possibly knowing with some advance notice so that one can plan their expenses. For the developers, I'd say that's a pretty nice problem to have. 

Not sorry to say. 😂

1 hour ago, Abriael said:

possibly knowing with some advance notice so that one can plan their expenses

Although I agree with this, and some people have to plan, it's the fact the Aerosoft preview page says "Please do not ask for release dates because if we can say we would have posted it here and if we do not know we can't say. Any dates that are given should be seen as indications and not promises." and yet people still ask, thinking they might get a different answer (don't get my wrong, I see this on every forum/discord channel),

Also some people may have an issue with the fact the poster posted in all caps with about 20 Es, yes he's/she's excited (like the rest of us) but surely a simple, "are we closer to a release date' would have been better?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, EasternT3 said:

Although I agree with this, and some people have to plan, it's the fact the Aerosoft preview page says "Please do not ask for release dates because if we can say we would have posted it here and if we do not know we can't say. Any dates that are given should be seen as indications and not promises." and yet people still ask, thinking they might get a different answer (don't get my wrong, I see this on every forum/discord channel),

Also some people may have an issue with the fact the poster posted in all caps with about 20 Es, yes he's/she's excited (like the rest of us) but surely a simple, "are we closer to a release date' would have been better?

Feels more like some feel that being hyperdefensive of developers when something this absolutely innocent happens will get then brownie points or something. If the devs find the question problematic, they will say so. In this case, they've simply ignored it, which is a respectable policy. Aerosoft isn't exactly known for developers that are intimidated by the idea of speaking their mind when they're displeased (which is also something I find quite respectable).

I'm fairly positive no brownie points or kill marks will be distributed for shooting down someone who's simply excited for a product, but that's just me. 🤔

41 minutes ago, John2 said:

A better question is always: Will it have wing flex? 😄

Even better, will it have prop flex? 😂

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, AviationEnthusiast1 said:

Will the Twin Otter release on the same date on Xbox as on PC or will there be further development for it to work on the Xbox?

'

Should be 100% the same code, but it might be we are simply in the same waiting line for release on the Marketplace.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Btw, this is one of the best vids on YT about the Twin Otter:

They have to heat up the plane to get the radios to work.....

It really is a very important plane in our north particularly, and with the number of Canadian air companies flying it across the north for charter and commuter service. With the reputation of companies such as Ken Borek Air  and their work in Antarctica these companies have a reputation world wide. We had the yellow RCAF paint scheme on the Tundra wheels, skis and floats in P3D and I hope that they arrive in the MSFS version soon.

• Upvote 1

• Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter (released)
  • Mathijs Kok locked this topic