Jump to content

Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter (released)


Mathijs Kok
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, FoxtrotOstrich said:

oh im sure but would be nice to have it from the start as its the UK's the main provider that flies twotters just wondered

Whaaaaaa? There`s plenty of other UK twotter operators that I`d say are more prevalent than Skybus. You know? Highlands and Islands, Loganair...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just did some research and noticed, that Aerosoft is in the commercial register (HRB) since 20th September 1991. This means, next month will be the 30th anniversary since Aerosoft is listed as a company. 
Let me guess, that you try to aim for that date as it would be a nice anniversary surprise. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
10 hours ago, YetiAir said:

I just did some research and noticed, that Aerosoft is in the commercial register (HRB) since 20th September 1991. This means, next month will be the 30th anniversary since Aerosoft is listed as a company. 
Let me guess, that you try to aim for that date as it would be a nice anniversary surprise. 

 

Well the Twin Otter release is not linked to it but indeed we'll celebrate our 30 year anniversary next month!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Work on the skydiver version was started last week and will need another two weeks, but already looking nice. And yes that door will animate! No people inside though. 

 

_parajumper_01.JPG

 

_parajumper_03.jpg

 

_parajumper_02.JPG

 

Stefan is working on the icing (we finally found out how ti use that!!), I am on page 55 of the manual (still a good 100 to do). We call that progress.

Mathijs

Happy to proof/edit the manual if you want to contact me direct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
5 hours ago, Transair27 said:

Mathijs

Happy to proof/edit the manual if you want to contact me direct.

 

Very kind of you!

 

And btw we are now asking for beta testers.  The beta tests will be done in stages. We start with the modeling/texturing and animation and then add systems/sound and lastly the flight model.

 

If you want be be involved, drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com and tell me why I would be stupid not to pick you. People with a good forum status always have an advantage and if you have any experience (other than as a passenger) with the twotter, do tell me. As we normally get a bucketload of email, please accept that I only reply to the people we pick. So if you get no reply you are not picked.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Very kind of you!

 

And btw we are now asking for beta testers.  The beta tests will be done in stages. We start with the modeling/texturing and animation and then add systems/sound and lastly the flight model.

 

If you want be be involved, drop me a mail at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com and tell me why I would be stupid not to pick you. People with a good forum status always have an advantage and if you have any experience (other than as a passenger) with the twotter, do tell me. As we normally get a bucketload of email, please accept that I only reply to the people we pick. So if you get no reply you are not picked.

thanks - have responded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2021 at 6:43 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Internally we more or less have done that, but if external developers offer us P3D / FSX products we gladly offer them to our customers. You would be surprised how many still still sell.

 

I fly  P3Dv5 it because I don't use MSFS because of bad aircrafts, only 2 for me aircraft available, and an unstable game that after update and update still don't work unless you uninstall everything.. I wait until MSFS works and don't have to uninstall everything in community folder.. And there are good planes available.

I have used and bought full amount of scenery in FS2004, FSX and P3D and now apparently have to start all over again without discount price... That ain't going to happen in the same pace I did before.

The scenery to fly in MSFS is the awesome thing..

 

All the best

 

Jens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2021 at 11:00 AM, Truelz said:

I would love to see a Nordic Seaplanes livery! It's, as far as I know, the only seaplane in Denmark (Maybe even in Scandinavia!?) with a regularly scheduled flightplan. Flying between Copenhagen and Aarhus!

Kan være et billede af fly og natur

 

Yes I have suggested Nordic Seaplane for some years now and maybe now we are lucky to Nordic Seaplane livery

 

 

https://check-in.dk/nyt-fly-paa-vej-til-nordic-seaplanes/

 

https://www.facebook.com/nordicseaplanes/videos/1108722822851874

 

All the best 

 

Jens

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know the product is still in development and not too long ago the prop arc had both a spinning blur and still prop blades. I just hope in the final version, when the props are spinning at high rpm, they are invisible to so hard to see as that seems to be a better visual of a spinning prop then the dark blur circles. Once again, I know these are WIP shots and in so, not what the final version is. Just wanted to provide feedback of the one thing that really stands out to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nathan Palmer said:

I know the product is still in development and not too long ago the prop arc had both a spinning blur and still prop blades. I just hope in the final version, when the props are spinning at high rpm, they are invisible to so hard to see as that seems to be a better visual of a spinning prop then the dark blur circles. Once again, I know these are WIP shots and in so, not what the final version is. Just wanted to provide feedback of the one thing that really stands out to me.

That’s pretty much a wip consideration I believe with just both the static and blurred prop modelled as they were in shots both on the ground and in the air. There have been subsequent shots now that only show the correct one modelled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2021 at 8:55 PM, Nathan Palmer said:

I know the product is still in development and not too long ago the prop arc had both a spinning blur and still prop blades. I just hope in the final version, when the props are spinning at high rpm, they are invisible to so hard to see as that seems to be a better visual of a spinning prop then the dark blur circles. Once again, I know these are WIP shots and in so, not what the final version is. Just wanted to provide feedback of the one thing that really stands out to me.

 

Cinematic prop animations with the wagon wheel effect need to go the way of the mandatory lens flare.

 

Both signal to the eye "you're not really there, you're watching this through a camera". You might not have noticed, but your brain did.

 

I hope that there are people on the team who use VR and notice the distortions (or "wobbling") cinematic prop animations produce in MFS when you look through the props, or the artefacts created when prop animations meet motion smoothing (aka Asynchronous Timewarp).

 

(tbh, I find this much more distracting in single-engine aircraft, the prop being in my face all the time. I could probably tolerate it in the Twotter, since the props are behind me. But I had to chime in, because this is a pet peeve of mine. Also, this would be one more reason to purchase the Twotter directly from Aerosoft instead of using the in-game Marketplace, so you have at least the option of replacing the prop animations by switching out a graphics file, which is probably neigh impossible using the Marketplace version.)

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ari.S said:

what is the realese date you guys said end of august.

its looking like it's probably going to be mid september, mathjis said himself that they only had to finish the skydiver variant, he said that about a week. I'd probably expect somewhere like sep 10th or 15th but that's just speculation

  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter (released)
  • Mathijs Kok locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...