Sound issues with PBY P3DV4.5

Srx-7#27

Hi, I purchased the PBY for P3DV4.5 a couple of weeks ago and it mostly works well with good FPS but I have the issue with sound (especially windows and hatches) I've seen several post about. If I open the windows and hatches when I first launch the aircraft with engines off, they work more or less normally but with not much sound other than a very quiet "click click" sound. Once in flight, if I try to open or close them, it will freeze P3D for up to a minute or two, then move a little, then freeze again for another minute or two until fully opened or closed. 

I also have the issue with freezing and CTD if I land on water and slow to a stop or spawn the aircraft on water. I see a lot of earlier posts where replacing the ACS.dll is a recommended fix for both, but the links in those posts are dead. Any suggestions?

Hi Mathijs, 

Thank you for the quick response. I've replaced the ASC.dll in each of the panel folders and my widows and hatches open smoothly. Performance on water is also fine now. But now I have no audio for windows/hatches opening, nor can I hear the sound of the floats extending and retracting. Also, I've never had any sound when landing on runways with landing gear. Is there a fix for that?

Archived