How to create an aircraft profile for PFPX

Hi all,

I have been looking for an aircraft profile for the a320neo, but haven't been succesfull so far, so I thought I might try to make on myself. The thing is that I have absolutely no idea on how I do it specifically. I have access to a flight recorder that can give me details about the airplane as I fly it, meaning that I can get the fuel weight, consumtion, airspeed, etc. at various altitudes. So I hope that some people might be able to answer my questions here.

1: As has already been described in great detail, the main content of a flight profile is weight, altitude, speed, fuel consumption and (possibly) isa temps. But I am not quite sure whether I need to keep the weight of the plane fixed or if you only go from the initial weight of the plane. 

2: Do I need to do it under controlled conditions or is any weather fine?

3: Is this even the way it is usually done or are the number extracted directly in a different way?

Sincerely,

Michael Hansen

Hi Michael,

you would need to do hundrets of flights to get the data you need. I'm not quite sure if you actually want to do that.
Basically what you need is data for all possible weight, Speed, etc. combinations.

Also you'd always have to test under exactly the same circumstances.

Real aircraft manufacturers take months to draw these tables up (mostly done by computers) and only testfly a couple of them as crosscheck.

What I'd rather recommend you to do, just to avoid thouasnds of working hours: Take an A320 CEO profile, run it through the aircraft BIAS tools and then use that data.

You mean the fuel and drag bias option? I am already doing that, but I would also like to find out how to make my own profiles. So if it is not done the hard "hack" way,  how is it done then? You simply ask the manufactures for the data?

When I look at the flight profile, the only name numbers for a select weight scheme. I have even found a profile for a Cessna 172R with only one weight scheme.

Cheers,

Michael

A PDF document is linked in the first topic HERE giving an outline of the required data, some minor changes have occurred but overall the format remains the same.

As Emi has pointed out you require a vast amount of data.

Sorry if I haven't been completely clear on this, but my problem is not so much as what data I need to put into the profile, but more how to obtain the data? More specifically, what is the usual workflow? Do you ask the developers of the airplanes for the data or do you get the data yourself, the hard way? 

In any case, I have sent an email to Asobo, who is the primary developer of the airplanes in MSFS2020, if they have any data available. Until some of the third-party devs gets around to producing accurate airliners, it is a good start. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2020 at 11:06 AM, mfhansen82 said:

Sorry if I haven't been completely clear on this, but my problem is not so much as what data I need to put into the profile, but more how to obtain the data? More specifically, what is the usual workflow? Do you ask the developers of the airplanes for the data or do you get the data yourself, the hard way? 

In any case, I have sent an email to Asobo, who is the primary developer of the airplanes in MSFS2020, if they have any data available. Until some of the third-party devs gets around to producing accurate airliners, it is a good start. 

sone of the aircrafts in the new ms version are already covered by pfpx and other profiles so not that much to worry about.

Archived