A330 ND Log File erorr

fantratic

Hello all, as I launch up P3Dv5 I get this error (attached below), and I have tried the following:

Attempting to make the files as read-only, which I couldn't do, it just made it back to read-only,

Checked to make sure I had the right permissions, screenshot below.

I've never had this issue before in v5. Each and every bit of support is helpful. thank you guys so much!

resources:

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That warning usually happens when you have a different path in the Add-ons.cfg file than you actually installed to.

Makes sense, what add-ons.cfg file do i need to check?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Was your P3D running in that moment? If so please try again with having P3D closed (best use the task manager to check that it is really gone) and close all other simulator related applications as well.

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Was your P3D running in that moment? If so please try again with having P3D closed (best use the task manager to check that it is really gone) and close all other simulator related applications as well.

ill try that right now. one moment

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, usually Windows doesn't care a read-only flag on folder level, but is only looking for such flags on file level.

The half files check box in your screenshot means, that some files within the folder have a read-only flag set, or the status of the files within the folder can't be determined.

Nevertheless you should be able to change the checkbox. As you can't that and P3D also comes up with that error message I assume there are some access privilege problems. 

Have you installed your P3D under your normal Windows account? If so, have you run the installer as Administrator (right click on setup.exe file, the "run as admin")?

What if you run your P3D like that?

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you have installed all your Prepared add-ons into your Documents folder, is that by any chance synced with the Microsoft OneDrive cloud?

This is know to be the cause of a myriad of problems and the solution would be to completely disconnect your Documents folder from the cloud.

12 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

As you have installed all your Prepared add-ons into your Documents folder, is that by any chance synced with the Microsoft OneDrive cloud?

This is know to be the cause of a myriad of problems and the solution would be to completely disconnect your Documents folder from the cloud.

Nope, I dont use onedrive. I've been trying different solutions and nothings working, I still have hope.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are circumstances where Windows connects your Documents folder with OneDrive without asking you for consent. Best is to check.

Open a command prompt window, enter set and press the enter key.

Do you the any hint of OneDrive in the text that has been printed into the window?

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

There are circumstances where Windows connects your Documents folder with OneDrive without asking you for consent. Best is to check.

Open a command prompt window, enter set and press the enter key.

Do you the any hint of OneDrive in the text that has been printed into the window?

```ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
APPDATA=C:\Users\Shadow\AppData\Roaming
ChocolateyInstall=C:\ProgramData\chocolatey
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=SHADOW-I2M10RLP
ComSpec=C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
DriverData=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData
FPS_BROWSER_APP_PROFILE_STRING=Internet Explorer
FPS_BROWSER_USER_PROFILE_STRING=Default
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\Shadow
INTEL_DEV_REDIST=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\Shadow\AppData\Local
LOGONSERVER=\\SHADOW-I2M10RLP
MIC_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\compiler\lib\mic
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=8
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Users\Shadow\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\Scripts\;C:\Users\Shadow\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\;C:\Users\Shadow\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;C:\Users\Shadow\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 63 Stepping 2, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=3f02
ProgramData=C:\ProgramData
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)
ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
PSModulePath=C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules
PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\Windows
TEMP=C:\Users\Shadow\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=C:\Users\Shadow\AppData\Local\Temp
USERDOMAIN=SHADOW-I2M10RLP
USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=SHADOW-I2M10RLP
USERNAME=Shadow
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\Shadow
windir=C:\Windows```

I dont see anything relating to onedrive.

UPDATE: So, a reinstall FIXED the issue, BUT, in bold letters, theres something with the update thats causing the issue im having. So I'm not gonna update the products until the issue is fixed.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 9/19/2020 at 2:20 AM, fantratic said:

UPDATE: So, a reinstall FIXED the issue, BUT, in bold letters, theres something with the update thats causing the issue im having. So I'm not gonna update the products until the issue is fixed.

Don’t believe it’s something with the update. Else a lot more people would have this problem. It’s all about a permission problem on certain systems.

But I’m glad you’re back in air.

On 9/20/2020 at 2:54 AM, masterhawk said:

Don’t believe it’s something with the update. Else a lot more people would have this problem. It’s all about a permission problem on certain systems.

But I’m glad you’re back in air.

Bad news.. it's back again. I have no idea what the issue is

Archived