Cheyenne SP3

windycloud

• Aerosoft
Come on Aerosoft. People waited all day yesterday. And it's still not available for download?

Jason

The files arrived yesterday indeed and they have been undergoing some last testing in our offices. This afternoon the installer and documentation (keep in mind we got at least 3 languages) will be done and we need to test that as well (but that should be done fast). So either later this evening or more realistic tomorrow. Not sure why people waited all day yesterday, I don't think we promised to have it out yesterday.

Monday is always one of the most busy days as we got to clean up the weekends mail and support. So normally we never get any serious code out to users on Monday.

• Aerosoft
Ah sorry I didn't know you have that much testing and assembling to do on your end. I thought it was all ready to go once it came from DA.

Jason

Well let's put it differently. They just completed the update, lol and it's uploaded right now. Find it in our FAQ/Support section.

Thanks Mathjis for the update.

But what's about the procedure? I own the fs9 online version, how to update?

First install SP1a............than SP2................ than SP3?

Bernhard Scharbert

• Aerosoft
Hello Bernhard,

That would seem about right. I'm not to sure if SP3 includes all the other fixes right now,so it would be the safe option if you purchase the earliest version of the Cheyenne.

Not 100% sure (sorry we did not have that information in the update pages) and I am asking DA in a mail in the next 5 seconds.

What registration code is the SP3 patch looking for, guys? I tried inserting my key from the original Cheyenne X download, but SP3 is rejecting it.

Have the same problem.

• Root Admin

SP3 for Piper Cheyenne (FS9 version!!!!) needs the key of

Piper Cheyenne (FS9 version download version) OR

Piper Cheyenne CD version (CHE-166...)

SP3 for Piper Cheyenne (FS9 version!!!!) is based on the 3.30 version.

Update 1.01 for Piper Cheyenne X (FOR FSX) is based on the initial version (download) and needs the key of the download version.

I just tried installing the SP3 again, using my original Cheyenne X reg key. It still doesn't accept this key, guys. Did I get the right patch? The filename is AS_PIPERCHEYENNE_UPD_SP3.exe

Hi Bill

No the patch should be named: AS_PIPERCHEYENNEX_UPD_101.exe

Did You register Your Cheyenne X ?

If You have registered it correctly ther should be two Cheyenne entries in the list of products:

Cheyenne (for fs9)

Cheyenne X (for FSX)

By the way: Thanks for fine Dillingham scenery :-)

Wothan

Thanks, Wothan. In looking at my account, I see a listing for the Cheyenne X, but the only download link I have is for the original version. There's no mention of the 1.01 update on the download page. I'm a little confused as to how I'm supposed to be getting this update. I've been going to the "My Account" section of the Aerosoft site and looking under my orders at the downloads section. Is there another path for obtaining the download?

You're welcome for the Dillingham scenery, btw. Glad you liked it. :D

UPDATE: I visited the FAQ/Updates section of the Aerosoft site just now, and found only a link for "Piper Cheyenne" under the updateable products menu. The other "X" aircraft (Beaver X, Katana X, etc) all have an "X" after their names. However, choosing "Piper Cheyenne" and then going to the SP3 link, I see that the release notes start with "Digital Aviation PA31T Cheyenne for FSX Release Notes". That would seem to indicate that the download is for FSX. The link at the bottom of that page is for the file I downloaded, the one that won't accept my reg number, not the file you pointed out. There's a disconnect here somewhere.

On the faq/update page You have to register the Cheyenne X using You serialnumber.

Look under the greenline and then under the product selection window for the link : Do You wan´t to register another product?

Just report back if You still have trouble !

Wothan

Many thanks for the help, Wothan. I got my Cheyenne X registered and just started the proper download. What a maddening system! Why I wonder do I have to tell Aerosoft that I bought the product, when clearly they already know? It's right there in my account, with the serial number and a link to download and everything. Seems like an unnecessary hoop to have to jump through. Ah well, no bother. I know you're not responsible for how it's programmed. I really appreciate the help.

thanks,

Sorry, my fault. All works perfect. I tried to update Cheyenne X with FS9 SP.

To choose properly, SP for:

FS9 is 95 MB - file name AS_PIPERCHEYENNE_UPD_SP3.exe

FSX is 48 MB - file name AS_PIPERCHEYENNEX_UPD_101.exe

• Aerosoft
Many thanks for the help, Wothan. I got my Cheyenne X registered and just started the proper download. What a maddening system! Why I wonder do I have to tell Aerosoft that I bought the product, when clearly they already know? It's right there in my account, with the serial number and a link to download and everything. Seems like an unnecessary hoop to have to jump through. Ah well, no bother. I know you're not responsible for how it's programmed. I really appreciate the help.

thanks,

For the simple reason it is not clear what you bought most of the time. We got boxed copies, download copies from 4 different download shops etc. Believe me things are normally not as simple as they seem, lol.

If they would only deem it polite enough to answer, then I would. I have open questions there that have been on the forum for over 4 months - I dared to criticise the Do27 X because they still haven't fixed bugs from the 9 version and let new ones creep in as well.

And thanks - if they're DXT3 bitmaps, then I am sorry - it's a no buy for me as it is not a true "X" plane as far as I am concerned - and I KNOW the dev has 3DSMax, so there's absolutely no excuse after a good 14 Months of X.

Such a pity... The "9" Cheyenne was the plane with the most popular paints I have done - bar none.

• 2 weeks later...