How to Fix the Broken CRJ Pro Tutorial Scenario

Hopefully this will help someone who owns the CRJ Pro and is trying to use the included tutorial flight that is installed as a scenario in your "Prepar3D v5 Files" directory when the CRJ Pro is installed. The tutorial PDF,  "Vol3-Tutorial.pdf" refers to this loadable scenario.

If you try to load the tutorial scenario you'll get an error along the lines of "Unable to initialize CRJ700ER American Eagle N508AE. You will now be placed into visualization mode." Apparently, this is happening because the scenario is looking for the CRJ700 aircraft under the name used with the non-pro version, "CRJ700ER American Eagle N508AE". However, with the CRJ Pro installation the same aircraft has a title of "CRJ700 Pro American Eagle N508AE NC". Minor differences but enough to break the scenario.

I fixed the scenario by editing the fxml file "Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial.fxml" in 'Prepar3D v5 Files' folder and changing "CRJ700ER American Eagle N508AE" to "CRJ700 Pro American Eagle N508AE NC" (line 867. In the "Sim.0" section). After this change, the scenario loads just fine.

Again, hope this helps someone. Until I started looking inside the files, I wasted a lot of time restarting P3D hoping it was a transient error.

• 11 months later...

This topic might be old, but thank you for posting it.  I've been searching here on the forum all afternoon and was about ready to give up hope.  This worked perfectly, thank you.

Archived