ECAMU & ECAML pop ups

cconesa

Hi,

I have recently installed the A330 and have come across this weird behaviour of the ECAMU & ECAML panel pop ups. As you will see in the attached photographs, the panel screens are fine and read ok but the pop ups are incorrect. Can you please advise?.

Thank you.

Christian Conesa.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

I don't have the A330 installed for P3Dv4.5 at the moment, but I tested this just fine under P3Dv5 and I don't believe there are any differences.

What screen solution (example: 1980x1080) and resolution are you running P3D at?

I'm running 4K, 3840x2160.

Funny things is that ECAML works fine for other status screens (pages), it is just the "cruise" mode that has the error. The ECAMU is just the one page with the misalignment on the EPR numbers.

Yes, a slight widening of the ECAMU solves the problem but not the ECAML, it is something to do with the pop-up gauge ratios or the gauge itself (more likely). I thought maybe chase plane had something to do with it and installed the A330 fresh (including latest patches) with no chase plane but the problem remains. These are the panel setting for the ECAMU pop-up from the original fresh installation:

[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=213,302
windowsize_ratio=1.0
position=8
visible=0
sizeable=1
ident=10025
gauge00=../../Aerosoft A330 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/Airbus_ECAMD2D!AB_ECAML, 0,0,213,302

and this is from [Vcockpit03] :

gauge21=../../Aerosoft A330 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!AB_ECAM_EWD1,0,0,1,1
gauge22=../../Aerosoft A330 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!AB_ECAM_EWD2,0,0,1,1
gauge23=../../Aerosoft A330 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!AB_ECAM_Memos,0,0,1,1

It would appear that the pop up gauge (ECAMD2D!AB_ECAML) is different to the actual virtual panel (AB_ECAM_EWD2 or _EWD1?). Is that correct?

Edit

By the way, the ECAML error only happens with the CRUISE page and not with the other pages. It would seems it is related to the XML for the pop-up gauge?.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your VCockpit03 section is not responsible for the display. That are just subroutines that are loaded by this.

The gauge is in the ECAMD2D.dll

I will check it this evening.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, that are the sections from the A330. The Windows have a size of 213x302. While Virtual Cockpit is 508x508.

I checked it myself, yes CRUISE and WHELL (spoiler area) are problematic. Dev is informed.

[Window06]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=213,302
windowsize_ratio=1.0
position=2
visible=0
sizeable=1
ident=10024
gauge00=../../Aerosoft A330 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/Airbus_ECAMD2D!AB_ECAMU, 0,0,213,302

[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=213,302
windowsize_ratio=1.0
position=8
visible=0
sizeable=1
ident=10025
gauge00=../../Aerosoft A330 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/Airbus_ECAMD2D!AB_ECAML, 0,0,213,302

[Vcockpit02]
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$VCockpit02

gauge00=../../Aerosoft A330 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/Airbus_ECAMD2D!AB_ECAMU,2,2,508,508
gauge01=../../Aerosoft A330 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/Airbus_ECAMD2D!AB_ECAML,514,2,508,508

Thank you. Does that mean the the solution is to change the gauges in [window06] and [window07] to a 508,508 size?.

Edit1: Just tried it and doesn't work, the solution is elsewhere...

Edit2: It amazes me that no one has noticed this issue before...

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
19 hours ago, cconesa said:

Hello,

Two patches have been released since pointing out this error and this matter remains unsolved. Do we have a ETA for the fix?.

Regards,

It is in the tracking system. No idea when it will be fixed.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

This is outstanding and remains unresolved after several months. I don't think it is to do with the tracking system, it has to do with the gauge and font sizes/location. Will be grateful if you can look into it and fix it.

Regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, cconesa said:

Hello,

This is outstanding and remains unresolved after several months. I don't think it is to do with the tracking system, it has to do with the gauge and font sizes/location. Will be grateful if you can look into it and fix it.

Regards,

With tracking system I‘m referencing our tool to list and track bug reports. Will again point it out to the dev.

But I can’t promise anything.

Thank you for your reply and forgive me for asking, but, why the "no promise" comment?. This is a bug, easy to spot/replicate and just needs a little bit of an effort to resolve it. Has any further development of the A330 stopped?.

Regards,

• Deputy Sheriffs

The development for A330 has not fully stopped but a lot of our resources is currently focused on MSFS. So we'll fix it if we can find some time to do so but right now cannot give any promises about the timeline or anything.

Archived