Twin compatibility

avgo21

On 11.9.2020 at 21:20, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Should work, if not it could be a while before we work on it. We are not major fans of V5 at this moment and commercially P3D has flatlined.

Considering how invested you are in MSFS commercially it’s obvious why you’re pushing it as much as possible. 

As it stands I think MSFS has a lot of potential but I have no desire to spend any money on addons until some good planes are out for it which might take another year or so. 

That your P3D business has flatlined is obvious considering the more hardcore simmers are left in P3D right now while the rest is trying out MSFS with its default planes. And you know as well as I do that your aircraft products have never appealed to more advanced simmers because they were never close to the AAA quality you get from the likes of PMDG, Majestic, FSLabs or Leonardo. I do think the gamble is gonna pay off for you. You surely made a lot of money with the MSFS boxes and people in MSFS are dying to get some non-default aircraft so they'll take anything they can get. :)

On 9/10/2020 at 12:59 PM, avgo21 said:

Hi, 

would like to know if the Twin is compatible with P3D V5. If not, are you planning to update it?

Regards,

Jacques

Yes, it does work. I have it installed to v5

On 9/11/2020 at 3:20 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We are not major fans of V5 at this moment and commercially P3D has flatlined.

Luckily for all of us your opinion is not a shared one as when you say "we", it is just Aerosoft, not the industry as a whole. 

vor 2 Stunden , B777ER sagte:

Luckily for all of us your opinion is not a shared one as when you say "we", it is just Aerosoft, not the industry as a whole. 

Again: Considering Aerosoft’s commercial investment in MSFS’ success, it’s hard to overlook the huge conflict of interest whenever they comment on P3D. 

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, flycln said:

Again: Considering Aerosoft’s commercial investment in MSFS’ success, it’s hard to overlook the huge conflict of interest whenever they comment on P3D. 

It is also hard to overlook Microsoft announced they already have over a million MFS customers.   And we are still working on P3D (and X-plane) releases. The whole idea what we would not is silly.  But the simple fact is that we go where the customers are.

P3D V5 is a different story. We have not yet met a major developer who really likes it, to make complex things compatible is hard and costly and does bring very little advantages. As you know we have a large part of our products P3D V5 compatible, but they do not get a lot of downloads. Again, we do not decide what customers buy, we go where the customers are.  We have  a great track record for that, we were the last major company making FSX add-ons because we simply had a lot of FSX customers. When they stopped buying we stopped developments.

Always keep in mind that it does not matter how many users there are,  what matters is how many people buy add-ons. We still have more (far more) customers that fly FSX than P3D, but they simply stopped investing in their hobby in 2017.

of course sales numbers are going to be down if developers stop developing for a product.  I can understand how developers are frustrated with V5.  It seems many things changed without getting prior feedback from you guys.  Though I'll say that provided one has the right hardware (namely VRAM) V5 is amazing.  The performance going from DX11 to 12 has been nothing short of amazing.  So amazing that I can't believe MFS didn't launch as a DX12 title. 

The other thing.  Does MFS really have a million customers?  I suspect a massive amount of those counted people are just folks who have game pass and decided to download it and give it a try.  How many of them have moved on?  Bet its pretty high.  The MFS future looks bright.  But to me its still the future.  It's missing some of the most important things applicable to me for my kind of flying.  But I'm reasonably encouraged they will arrive.  

• 2 months later...

I think the same, imho, many of that msfs customers are people that used gamepass try for 1 usd to give it a try.

Also for fs users that like to fly something that is more complex than a c182, the xp11 and p3d are the kings.

Probably the dhc-6 works, because i have Antartica, it mentioned as compatible with p3dv5 and installed the dhc-6 artic version thats included! I tried and looks that works, so i will install the big one, anyway will be nice to listen more feedback if really works or not...

Thank You!

I installed it on P3Dv5.1 and until now it runs fantastic and very ok. I did a full flight from C&D to land without any issues including usage of AP. The only weird thing is that in every click on the views thumbnail icons it reopens the checklist window (not a show stopper).

So i’m glad with the result and recommend you all try to install the Twotter Extend on P3Dv5.1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived