RealLight causing device hung error

Deltaguy24

I have had issues with all the Airbus products in P3Dv5 with the device hung error.  I moved the Real Light folder out of the simobjects folder and I do not get the device hung error. In fact, I can fly anywhere and anytime and not get the error.  As soon as I move the RealLight folder back into the simobject folder and adjust the overhead light, boom, device hung.  Now of course you need the real light if you want to see the overhead panel at night.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I miss my Airbus in P3Dv5

I don't think I'm running out of VRAM.  When it happens, I'm usually only using 4.5/10gb.  I can pretty much confirm that the cause of most peoples problems with this error is the Real Light function. 

2 hours ago, Deltaguy24 said:

I don't think I'm running out of VRAM.  When it happens, I'm usually only using 4.5/10gb.  I can pretty much confirm that the cause of most peoples problems with this error is the Real Light function. 

I've seen / confirmed two distinct reasons for this (though there may be more, I've only seen/confirmed two).

1. What Bob described above, and

2. Running older graphics card drivers, or not wiping graphics card drivers using DDU before updating drivers.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In the supportfiles folder is the Reallight installer.

Run it via command:

reallightinstaller.exe /beta 

That will install the latest files from TFDi servers.

Maybe it solves the device hung. But that might have side effects, as it is not fully tested.

Archived