A320 automatically goes to TOGA on takeoff

raptor84

Hello,

For starters, I have P3dv4.5 and the Aerosoft A320 prof (v1.3.0.3). Although I'm barely coming around to using this sim and newer A320 (coming from FSX), what I have noticed is that during takeoff using the A320IAE, when I set the throttles for a flex takeoff, which it does, a second or 2 later, it automatically goes to TOGA. I understand that there are a few factors that determines whether to use Flex Temp or TOGA but even though I have no weather injected, using standard temp and altimeter setting (15C/29.92), having a runway at 11,900' at sea level (airport elev at 13'), there should be no reason to why I would need to use TOGA. The aircraft is loaded as follows:

ZFW/ZFWCG = 56.2/36.1

takeoff CG      = 32.5

Trim                 = DN0.87 (or DN0.9 if you were to round up). Also, can't change the trim setting in the Load and Fuel panel when you use Shift-4 when inserting the numbers manually.

TOW                = 70238 kgs after 200kgs is consume for taxi.

Flaps               = 2

Flextemp        = 47 (I got the figure by using the RTOW charts I have from work and making the necessary changes as instructed on those RTOW charts)

If memory recalls correctly, even in real world A320 with above load config Flex takeoff is still possible.

2 hours ago, raptor84 said:

Hello,

For starters, I have P3dv4.5 and the Aerosoft A320 prof (v1.3.0.3). Although I'm barely coming around to using this sim and newer A320 (coming from FSX), what I have noticed is that during takeoff using the A320IAE, when I set the throttles for a flex takeoff, which it does, a second or 2 later, it automatically goes to TOGA. I understand that there are a few factors that determines whether to use Flex Temp or TOGA but even though I have no weather injected, using standard temp and altimeter setting (15C/29.92), having a runway at 11,900' at sea level (airport elev at 13'), there should be no reason to why I would need to use TOGA. The aircraft is loaded as follows:

ZFW/ZFWCG = 56.2/36.1

takeoff CG      = 32.5

Trim                 = DN0.87 (or DN0.9 if you were to round up). Also, can't change the trim setting in the Load and Fuel panel when you use Shift-4 when inserting the numbers manually.

TOW                = 70238 kgs after 200kgs is consume for taxi.

Flaps               = 2

Flextemp        = 47 (I got the figure by using the RTOW charts I have from work and making the necessary changes as instructed on those RTOW charts)

If memory recalls correctly, even in real world A320 with above load config Flex takeoff is still possible.

The latest version for the A320 is 1.3.1.0, however we are getting ready to release a new update which contains many fixes so I would wait to update as the upcoming revision will require uninstall and reinstall of the Airbus.

I just ran a test of version 1.3.1.0 and did not have any issues such as you described, and I don't remember such issues from any previous version.  Are you sure you completed the second INIT page (Fuel Prediction page)?

15 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Are you sure you completed the second INIT page (Fuel Prediction page)?

Of course I insert that data in.

Allow me to update to the current version and test it out.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hm...if you set the thrust levers to FLX/TO, there is no way for the FADEC to command automatically TOGA.

I think there is a calibration problem of your thrustlevers. As we don’t model the manual range above CL, the thrust will go directly to TOGA when you leave the FLX detend. So if you had set the lever on the “edge” and because of bad/noisy axis hardware the signal suddenly jumps, then it might be possible to get TOGA.

Have you checked the thrustlevers in the VC?

11 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Hm...if you set the thrust levers to FLX/TO, there is no way for the FADEC to command automatically TOGA.

I'm just as surprise as you are. The throttles I am using is the same that I used for with Aerosoft A320 in FSX (Thrustmaster TWCS throttle). It could be something with the calibration but I doubt it. Never had any problem with other aircrafts.  Its like I have to carefully place the throttles in the Flex detend. I did update the A320 to the current version 1.3.1.0 last night. Here's a funny thing I just noticed, I'm on rwy 10L in KORD, I push joystick down and N1 was about 35% and the TOGA MAN indication came (Mind you that I didn't move the throttle forward yet) on as if to say I was going to perform a TOGA takeoff, put throttles at idle and then place throttle at Flex/MCT. So I don't know if its me not use to this newer version of A320 and P3dv4.5 (given I'm so used to FSX) or if there is something with the settings in both A320 & P3dv4.5. I may have to check thrustlevers in VC to see what's happening. Are you willing to show me how your calibration is set up that way I can try it out and make any adjustments that may work for me??

Furthermore, off topic, I notice a couple of things:

1) There is a 200 kgs difference. My loadsheet calls for a GW of 62813kgs (this includes the taxi fuel of 200 kgs) while parked on at the gate but after I plug in the numbers into the FMS, it shows me that the GW is 63000kgs. Why??

2). It appears I have to put more power for the aircraft to move forward (close to the 40% in the N1 indication when using IAE engine).

3). How to disable the dynamic head movement in the A320. For me, its a little annoying and perhaps to sensitive.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I used the normal windows calibration.

Nothing special.

Is your axis assignment correct?

1. GW I have to check

2. Have you compared the same AC at same weight?

3. Maybe a setting in the panel.cfg

On 9/9/2020 at 9:12 PM, masterhawk said:

I used the normal windows calibration.

Nothing special.

Is your axis assignment correct?

1. GW I have to check

2. Have you compared the same AC at same weight?

3. Maybe a setting in the panel.cfg

1). I now know where the 200 kgs are coming from. While my loadsheet (have it in excel file) takes out the 200 kgs for taxi, I guess Aerosoft decided to leave it loaded on the aircraft.

2). I was doing some taxiing around KDEN, only loading a total of 3,000 kgs of fuel; no pax or no cargo. Aircraft seemed to more a little better. Also, I wanted to know if it was necessary to input the number in the Load and Fuel page in 3rd MDCU?? My thinking is that if I do that, it may be adding more weight to the aircraft.

3). have you disabled the dynamic head movement from the panel.cfg file??

Archived