"DXGL_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" Error with P3Dv5

fkkchow

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank Aerosoft team for this amazing aircraft product. As an airline pilot with type rated on the CL-65, I would say this CRJ Professional aircraft is very realistic. I have been flying this aircraft on P3D v4.5 for sometime, everything was running fine and I hadn't experienced any major issues until recently, I upgraded to P3D V5 on my new PC. Everytime when I load the CRJ aircraft on v5, I would receive  "DXGL_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" error following with P3D complete crash and shut down, which is something that I had never seem with v4 and it only occurs when I load the CRJ aircraft.  I also followed the recommendation of load a default aircraft first and then switch to the CRJ. The only addons I installed so far is the GSX and CRJ pro.

To better illustrate the issue, I screen record the issue along with the specification of my PC and P3D setting. Any inputs are welcome and would be appreciated!!

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 minutes ago, Hoffie3000 said:

I'm very surprised to see only one typ of the CRJ in your P3D installation?

Where are the other like 550, 700, 1000?

Wolfgang

He his marked this variant as Favourite.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, fkkchow said:

Any inputs are welcome and would be appreciated!!

I would try the following:

Make sure that the latest driver for your graphic card is installed

Uninstall Geforce Experience, have seen it causing this error at various occasions (default and add-on aircraft)

I have the latest NVIDIA Control Panel and I just uninstall Geforce Experience. Unfortunately the error remains,  this time occured when launching P3D instead of loading the CRJ aircraft

@fkkch

You have no tweaks in your Prepar3D.cfg?

Since I've been using P3Dv5, I only got this message once. 
The reason was that I increased the texture size from my default 2048 (P3D + ActiveSky) to 4056 when I saw that the graphics card memory was only used in the 3-5GB range.
After a 2h flight the message appeared during the rollout after landing.
I started the tool GPU-Z from TechpowerUp and could see that the 8GB of my GTX1080 were used up.
After resetting the texture sizes to 2048 this message did not appear anymore - knock on wood.

For me this fits to the statements that DX12 is supposed to be responsible. This manages the graphics memory differently than the earlier DX versions.
If the memory is used up, P3D freezes.

As long as Microsoft doesn't change this behavior, Lockheed can't do much about it.
Maybe this is also the reason why DX12 is not yet used by MSFS?

@mopperle

vor 12 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

He his marked this variant as Favourite.

Ah, ok. I dont use this function. Thank you .

I first thought of an incomplete installation.

Wolfgang

On 9/9/2020 at 3:53 AM, Hoffie3000 said:

@fkkch

You have no tweaks in your Prepar3D.cfg?

Since I've been using P3Dv5, I only got this message once. 
The reason was that I increased the texture size from my default 2048 (P3D + ActiveSky) to 4056 when I saw that the graphics card memory was only used in the 3-5GB range.
After a 2h flight the message appeared during the rollout after landing.
I started the tool GPU-Z from TechpowerUp and could see that the 8GB of my GTX1080 were used up.
After resetting the texture sizes to 2048 this message did not appear anymore - knock on wood.

For me this fits to the statements that DX12 is supposed to be responsible. This manages the graphics memory differently than the earlier DX versions.
If the memory is used up, P3D freezes.

As long as Microsoft doesn't change this behavior, Lockheed can't do much about it.
Maybe this is also the reason why DX12 is not yet used by MSFS?

@mopperle

Ah, ok. I dont use this function. Thank you .

I first thought of an incomplete installation.

Wolfgang

Thanks for sharing your experience @Hoffie3000 @mlinecker

I see my graphic card memory never really went above 5GB. But guess what, I just updates the BIOS on my PC. After that I tried running P3Dv5 again, I don't see the error any more..... at least for now everthing is running great and I am back to the sky !!!!

Archived