Why No DVD For MS2020??

Aharon

Question for all of you:

Why is Microsoft offering DVD versions of MS2020 ONLY to Europe BUT is offering ONLY download to America??  Do not want to spend 4 hours downloading!! I want to buy DVD version!!

Regards,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ask Microsoft. Aerosoft had no say whatsoever in that decision. As the publisher, MS get to decide distribution and they limited DVD sales by AS to Europe only. Also, you're apparently unaware that even with the 10 disk DVD version that you have to download a lot of content. To release the DVD version the same day as the download one, the version sent to the production facility needs freshening up. And perhaps you're unaware that there are a lot of unhappy purchasers of the DVD version that it requires DVD 1 to be in the drive to run the sim. Again, an MS decision that AS had no control over.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

. And perhaps you're unaware that there are a lot of unhappy purchasers of the DVD version that it requires DVD 1 to be in the drive to run the sim. Again, an MS decision that AS had no control over.

i find that quite usefull to fight piracy

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Ask Microsoft. Aerosoft had no say whatsoever in that decision.

I never never never said it is Aerosoft's issue.  I know Aerosoft has nothing to do with that.

I am just merely asking here on Radio Chatter Room subforum renowned for its free intellectual discussions so that I can seek opinions and answers from any experts on my question.

Thanks all for answers and please keep more answers coming.

Regards,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs

No worries, Aharon. Others have blamed AS before they learned the whole story and I was unsure if you had the whole background. As you say, this area of the forum is for open discussion. That's why I left the thread open.

vor 16 Stunden , Aharon sagte:

Do not want to spend 4 hours downloading!! I want to buy DVD version!!

You seem to be under the illusion that installing from DVDs is somehow faster. Reading 10 dual layer DVDs also takes a hell lot of time :)

And then there's the additional ~20 GB download after the installation. You might be better off downloading the game :) 

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, Aharon said:

Thanks all for interesting explanations

@Herman, I never never blame on Aerosoft.  Besides I can tell difference between Bill Gates and Mathijs Kok   :)  ;) :)  

Me as well. I'm nicer and poorer. 

On 9/8/2020 at 4:00 PM, Aharon said:

Question for all of you:

Why is Microsoft offering DVD versions of MS2020 ONLY to Europe BUT is offering ONLY download to America??  Do not want to spend 4 hours downloading!! I want to buy DVD version!!

Regards,

Aharon

If you really want to, you can order your MSFS2020 DVD version at AviationMegaStore in the Netherlands. They do ship to the USA. Keep in mind that shipment is not exactly cheap, but it is possible. Also the high shipment costs are partly being compensated because, as an American, you don't pay VAT on your purchase.

Standard version: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/flight-simulator-2020---standard-4015918149440-microsoft-4015918149440-flight-simulation/product/?action=prodinfo&art=171032

Premium deluxe version: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/flight-simulator-2020---premium-deluxe-german-box-version--10-x-dvds-are-english--4015918149518-ger-microsoft-4015918149518-ger-flight-simulation/product/?action=prodinfo&art=172213

On 9/8/2020 at 7:00 AM, Aharon said:

Question for all of you:

Regards,

Aharon

Two weeks waiting for DVDs (that will take a few hours to install and then you'll be required the leave the DVD in the drive to run, or create and mount an otherwise useless several-gigabyte ISO) to arrive vs 4 hours of downloading. Hmmmmm.... Yeah, that seems like a real time saver, Aharon.

:)

• 1 month later...

I purchased on July 2020 the MS2020 and arrived to my home at the end of October 2020. The installation took almost 4 hours to complete the 10 disks. Around almost 2 extra hours to complete the whole setup and ready to use.

When I launched the MS2020 I had to insert the disk1 ....... why? Well, after doing some research I found the creation of ISO to mount it as an extra drive containing the image of the MS2020 disk1.

Now, I don't need to insert the physical disk1, voila!

My first flight was with 747 and found the FMC doesn't work like PMDG. So, after try several ways to get the plane working as expected I had to stop MS2020 waiting for PMDG or other working Bird.

Patricio

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

My first flight was with 747 and found the FMC doesn't work like PMDG. So, after try several ways to get the plane working as expected I had to stop MS2020 waiting for PMDG or other working Bird.

Even in the old FSX the default birds never came even close to the high end add-ons that had been developed later on by companies like Aerosoft, PMDG, Carenado, A2A, a.s.o.

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Even in the old FSX the default birds never came even close to the high end add-ons that had been developed later on by companies like Aerosoft, PMDG, Carenado, A2A, a.s.o.

Well, I think MS2020 came with better planes but anyway I can't fly the 747 as intended.

Patricio

Archived