Double check CRJ C++2015 - 2019 after updating "other products"

KarlT

I absolutely love the CRJ and Aerosoft, especially the forums. I learn a lot from the forums without submitting a ticket. I recently learned this the hard way:

The CRJ was showing blank screens (MFD etc..) and the yoke was turned to the left, engines running. It was frustrating to say the least, as this was the second time it happened. After I re-installed the CRJ it solved the problem. I was good for a while until two days ago I updated an aircraft by a different vendor (I will refrain from mentioning). I loaded the CRJ later that day and had the same problem return. I checked the forum, then checked the Microsoft C++ program and saw that the update provided by the other vendor reverted C++ to an earlier version ,causing the CRJ to malfunction. Had it not been for the Aerosoft forum I would have never figured this out. I re-installed the CRJ, checked and confirmed the latest C++ (2015-2019) was installed, restarted P3DV4.5 (with latest hotfix). The CRJ is now functioning again. Your forums are fantastic!  

Unfortunately this is a common problem, and Microsoft is partly to blame. Their VCC runtime installers should either refuse to install an older version of a runtime if a newer one already exists on the computer, or at least give a warning message that the existing runtime is about to be replaced by an older version, requiring the user to either approve or cancel the reversion before it actually gets installed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

From the following link you can download the latest version of all packages along with a small batch file to get them on all installed with a single double click:

On 9/4/2020 at 10:21 AM, Tom A320 said:

From the following link you can download the latest version of all packages along with a small batch file to get them on all installed with a single double click:

Highly recommended! I run this on a regular basis, especially after installing new software that might have downgraded an existing VCC redistributable.

Archived