Thrustmaster Rudder does not work

Moin,

da hier viele Beiträge in Englisch sind will ich auch mal ;)

I´m using the THRUSTMASTER WARTHOG HOTAS together wit the THRUSTMASTER PEDALS.

Throttle and Joystick work as they should.

But I´ve got problems with the rudder: When moving the pedals, the aircraft-rudder isn´t moving linear to the movements of the pedals. It´s like pressing a (keyboard)-button. Full left or full right.
Just like if the value is over a invisible "threshold"

The brakes ( left and right ) work fine and linear.

What I did :
- Calibrating all Devices under Windows
- Delete ALL actions related to the aircrafts rudder ( keycommands, sticks etc... )

- Assigning the pedals axis to the rudder
- Changing the values in the settings ( sensitivity, deadzone etc. )
- Assigning another axis ( throttles incr-acixs ) to the rudders => same result, working like a "switch" .

But the aircrafts rudders still know only "middle" ( of no pedal is pressed ), "fully left" or "fully right".

The indication bar of the pedals movement is linear ! But the rudders don´t move linear.

A friend of mine is using CH-Pedals, there it works as it should ( of course i took photos of his settings, but that didn´t help either ).

Any thoughts ?

P.S.: Whe using "support rudder during start" I can use the joystick ( it works just like an "ARI" ( aileron - rudder together ) of the old F4-F )

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Quick response here, but unfortuneately not an answer. I have the Thrustmaster pedals (aka "TPR") I use with MFS and they work exactly as they should. Nice linear response (toned down to -30 on the sensitivity) on the GA aircraft I've flown so far in the sim. It does look like you've already done all the things that would be typically done for troubleshooting. The only suggestions I can offer are:

• Have you set the controls filter in the in-game menu to "All"? While "Assigned" should let you identify double bindings/conflicts, do review all your controllers using the "All" filter to see if there's an interaction from somewhere else.
  • If you're using the Thrustmaster app (TARGET), try disabling an profiles it has for the rudders and see if that helps.
  • Reply back with the settings you're using in the "Assist" menu (I think that's what it's called, so I'll fire up the sim later and confirm). Maybe you have a sort of MFS autorudder going on you're unaware of.

• Aerosoft

Dear Sir,

As far as I understand, the problem seems to "follow" the device, not the function it is assigned to.
(You said you assigned the rudder to the throttle function and had the same "on-off" problem)

In this case there may be two reasons

- Calibration problem.
   --> Please go to the Windows joystick calibration utility and make a full calibration.
        Check the "Display raw data" box to check that ther is a correct range sent from the rudder (should not be less than -127 / +127)
        (see the image below)

- Potentiometer issue.
--> The potentiometer may be shorted and therefore acting like a switch.
      The potentiometer should be replaced.

Please login to display this image.

To doule check all this, please assign one of the brakes (correctly functionning you said) to the rudder function

and check if you can operate the rudder proportionally with the brake pedal

Best regards.

Hi Guys,

thanks for your answers.

A short reply ( lack of time :D ) :

@Herman :

- Controller filters are set to "all"

- I don´t use the "target"-Software for FS2020 ( but for X-Plane, there everything works well )

- kind of "autorudder", interesting, I´ll have to do a "deeper research" ;)

- Reply will follow this evening ;)

@SimWare :

- The joystick, throttle and pedals are "windos-calibrated".

- I don´t believe that it´s a poteniometer-problem : In X-Plane11 it works fine.

- Ill give a try to  your hint with using the brake ( even though I used another potentiometer of the throttle, same problem )

Again, thanks so far to both of you, I´ll keep you informed ;)

Regards

vor 7 Stunden , SimWare sagte:

Check the "Display raw data" box to check that ther is a correct range sent from the rudder (should not be less than -127 / +127)

Hi,

my rudder has values between 0 and 1023 ( = 10 bit ), as well as the brakes. 

My throttle 0 - 65535 ( = 16 bit ).

Strange...

Maybe I´ll give the "target"-Software a try...

SHAME ON ME ...

I´ve chosen the wrong settings for the rudder ( I used "Rudder Left" and "Rudder Right" instead of "Rudder axis" ), grrrrr.............

Anyway thanks for your help !

Ready for departure now ;)

So topic can be closed 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad you got this sorted and thanks for sharing your confession on what you did to correct it. MFS is definitely different in menu structure than the earlier MS sims and P3D, especially in the controller set-up, so we're all learning how it all works. Different is better or worse than status quo, it's simply different.

For anyone else, under the Options/Assistance/Piloting section, I suggest unchecking "TAKE-OFF AUTO-RUDDER" it if you have any kind of rudder controller.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived