Performance data for the 747-400 domestic.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a performance file for the domestic version of the 747-400 from PMDG? I have the 400 performance pack from FlyPercisely which has all the variants except for this one. From what I understand the fuel burn rate should be similar enough to the standard 400 when it comes to doing short routes with lots of pax but I am planning to fly it as a private plane so most of my flights will be with a light payload and longer range and want to make sure I at least get somewhat accurate fuel calculations.

So is it possible to find a performance file for this variant or would the performance data for the standard 400 still work for getting accurate calculations when doing longer routes in it.

Thanks 

The main obvious difference of the 747-400D is that they were not fitted with winglets. On most Boeings which had winglet option as retrofit the fuel burn saving is around 3-4%, so the burn on the 400D will be higher. On the very short domestic sectors those aircraft flew the additional burn wasn't huge and was offset by weight saving without the winglets and maintenance benefits. I believe that the D also had lower fuel capacity and different weights, but someone more knowledgeable than me may know better. Of course this all assumes that PMDG have a specific flight model reflecting the differences of the D. If not then it'll fly like a standard -400 in the sim anyway.

1 hour ago, BW901 said:

The main obvious difference of the 747-400D is that they were not fitted with winglets. On most Boeings which had winglet option as retrofit the fuel burn saving is around 3-4%, so the burn on the 400D will be higher. On the very short domestic sectors those aircraft flew the additional burn wasn't huge and was offset by weight saving without the winglets and maintenance benefits. I believe that the D also had lower fuel capacity and different weights, but someone more knowledgeable than me may know better. Of course this all assumes that PMDG have a specific flight model reflecting the differences of the D. If not then it'll fly like a standard -400 in the sim anyway.

Thanks for help. I know the PMDG model for the 400D has a much lower MTOW and I think a lower MZFW but not sure when it comes to fuel burn what the difference is or how well it's modeled in PMDG. In the FMC for the 400D it will let you load up to around 400,000LBS of fuel however you can really only load around 200,000LBS max without going over the MTOW if your also flying with a low ZFW and even less with more weight. I don't mind using the data for the 400 and just editing the weights as long as it will be accurate enough but not sure how well it will work since I plan to do flights at much lower weights and on longer routes that what it was meant for.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived