Bergamo Professional LIME ATIS missing

Achmed

Hi,

some days ago, I bought Aerosoft Bergamo Professional at simmarket and installed it in my P3D V4.5 HF2.

Readme.txt says 1.0.1.1 and everything works except there seems no ATIS frequency defined (Skyvektor states 114.95).

Little Navmap and Plan-G even don't show ATIS.

Opening the BGL LIME_AFX-OP02.BGL, it shows me

APPROACH MILAN 126,750

DEPARTURE MILAN 126,300

GROUND ORIO 120.500

TOWER ORIO 125.875

Did I something wrong with the installation ? Or is the ATIS really ommited ?

Ups, I found, that in skyvector and maps the ATIS on 114,950 has the same frequency as the VORDME BEG 114,950 ?

I found that "Voice ATIS may be transmitted on a dedicated VHF communications frequency or as the voice element of a navigational facility (e.g. VOR)." but Prepar3D may not support that ?!?

Maybe that's the reason why the designers didn't implement the ATIS frequency ?

• Developer

As the sim did not allow you as user to set the COM frequence to 114,95 and the Compiler is not allowing a freqs for COM below 118.00, so it's simple not possible to use this for ATIS

It would have been good to use a random frequency as ATIS frequency though. Not having any ATIS available isn't quite right either, even though the sim itself doens't support D-VORs.

Thanks for your support.

Meanwhile, I tried by myself to hexedit the original BGL (Ground to ATIS with 114.95). It works basically, the ATIS is shown in the simulatr map, but selecting it by dialing NAV1/2 with NAV audio on doesn't work (just got the morse code) and the ATC menu doesn't show it at all.

It's a shame that such elementary things won't be handled by the simulator since the times of FS2004

(I found a discussion in https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/atis-frequency-range.239901/).

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived