17 hours ago, FlightSimSoft.com said:

Hello,

we solved the issue, so our email support as well as airmets are now available again!

sorry for the inconvenience, but we had to change our server ...

No problem, thanks!

• 6 months later...

There's been no SIGMET since 02nd March. There are also lots of airfields who's TAFs are stuck at 02MAR21. I've raised a ticket, but no response as yet. I really think just a simple reset of their server will fix it.

12 minutes ago, Neepie said:

Wind data seems to have stopped updating now too. (22MAR 0600).

There were updates to some NOAA services in recent hours that appears to affected Wind Data retrieval, also seen on other applications.

1 hour ago, srcooke said:

There were updates to some NOAA services in recent hours that appears to affected Wind Data retrieval, also seen on other applications.

Have you received a response from the developer about the out of date FTs and missing SIGMETs? I've heard nothing.

16 minutes ago, Neepie said:

Have you received a response from the developer about the out of date FTs and missing SIGMETs? I've heard nothing.

Sorry, no, not as yet.

It's such a shame that it's becoming so unreliable lately. I've put so much work into creating custom OFPs, routes, sub-routes, APM etc but it's all pointless without accurate weather.

10 hours ago, Neepie said:

It's such a shame that it's becoming so unreliable lately. I've put so much work into creating custom OFPs, routes, sub-routes, APM etc but it's all pointless without accurate weather.

Most of the weather issues of late have been due to problems on the NOAA servers and recent upgrades, this not only affects PFPX.

Funny thing is that I was planning a humanitarian/repatriation flight that is right on the limits of the 787-8 with 83pax with no cargo (only baggage), around 17h40 flight time and just over 20h release fuel and it says that the forecast doesn't cover the entire flight time. I guess that I'll have to wait until the issue is solved so I can get more precise calculations (in the way it is right now I could still carry an astonishing extra amount of +46KG though 🤣).

Hi,

I have the same results than everybody else (22/03 - 06h00) so we have to find a way out.

You could enter the winds manually and you'll have the SIGMETs as well :

https://en.vedur.is/weather/aviation/wafc/eur-wind-forecasts/#type=FL240

Of course there are many sites for different parts of the world but I use this one for EUR flights.

By the way, the Grib with NOAA-GFS is updating correctly (2021-03-24 / 00h00)

Regards,

JP

2 hours ago, jpgmultimodal said:

By the way, the Grib with NOAA-GFS is updating correctly (2021-03-24 / 00h00)

NOAA have changed the directory structure for retrieval again JP, needs a change on the server.

I know this isn't PFPX's fault but i really hope this program doesn't die like topcat has. It is my second favorite piece of software, only just narrowly beaten by ASP3D.

The least time consuming workaround for now is to create a route using PFPX and then copy and paste it into SimBrief to generate an OFP with accurate leg times and PBRN. 
The AirBerlin OFP format is probably the closest to the default PFPX template.

Archived