AS_Paderborn

JLD95

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same problem with the allegedly missing usercfg.

- Do you use XBox Gamepass?    Yes

- Do you have a local user account and a Microsoft user account on your PC?    Yes

- Do you have more than one user account on your PC?      Yes

- Has MSFS been installed to D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-3947139054-4114230906-3155994226-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe by its installer (It's possible that another drive than D is used but the rest of the path should be identical)?      No

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, CheshireCat303 said:

- Has MSFS been installed to D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-3947139054-4114230906-3155994226-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe by its installer (It's possible that another drive than D is used but the rest of the path should be identical)?      No

Is the path similar and differs only in the red numbers?

I ran the installer and didn't have any visible issues.

One thing I like to ask though. I was expecting to find the installed scenery in the content manager in MSFS but failed to find it in there.

Like everyone else, it's very early days for me using MSFS but I thought the idea behind the content manager was for you to see content you installed in an easy way?

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Like everyone else, it's very early days for me using MSFS but I thought the idea behind the content manager was for you to see content you installed in an easy way?

Obviously not. I also can not see there both sceneries I got from Orbx. Shos only Microsoft/Asobo content.

vor 8 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

And what is the exact and complete path?

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've installed it on an external ssd though, so I have 2 community folders. Maybe thats confusing the installer?

8 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Obviously not. I also can not see there both sceneries I got from Orbx. Shos only Microsoft/Asobo content.

Got it.

Would have made sense IMO though to see the content you've installed regardless of developer.

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, CheshireCat303 said:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've installed it on an external ssd though, so I have 2 community folders. Maybe thats confusing the installer?

Normally not, the path you posted is alway being created, but only a link to your physical (SSD) installation

• Developer
vor 31 Minuten, AhmedMirzalli sagte:

Is the problem because i have more then 1 Account in Windows? 

Currently, we don't know anything except that the UserCfg.opt doesn't seem to be where it's expected to be. We're still looking for a reason/solution.

Hello,

I was looking a ILS Approach RW 27 and I dont have LOC and GS and no frequence info in the Garmin devices. 

Is the frequence 110.7 right? I trying it manual with no luck.

greetings Olaf

7 minutes ago, Olaf B. said:

Hello,

I was looking a ILS Approach RW 27 and I dont have LOC and GS and no frequence info in the Garmin devices. 

Is the frequence 110.7 right? I trying it manual with no luck.

greetings Olaf

Paderborn doesn't have a RW27. If you meant RW24, the ILS freq is 108.55 and the inbound course 235.

Hi

I just redownloaded the installer, I have a new message but always configuration file not found.

Please login to display this image.

My Cfg file is under: C:\Users\Jean-Luc\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt

I run under user account named "Jean-Luc" and not under admin account.

Hi, 

same for me. FS is installed und run under User Account. All files are in correct place. 

File direction of the error message exists for user account

C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

But the installer has to be started with admin rights. So it doesn`t find MS FS and its files in my config, because they simply don`t exist.

vor 7 Stunden , JLD95 sagte:

Hi

I just redownloaded the installer, I have a new message but always configuration file not found.

My Cfg file is under: C:\Users\Jean-Luc\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt

I run under user account named "Jean-Luc" and not under admin account.

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 minutes ago, Alex1912 said:

But the installer has to be started with admin rights.

That's not correct. Running a software with admin rights is totally different then running a software under the Administrator account (being logged in as Administrator). I f you run an installer with the Administrator account would indeed fail.

I was running the installer with my normal local acount (which has administrative rights) and all went well. No such errors as some people see. But Aerosoft is investigating this to find out, why the installation fails for some users.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived