install airport to msf2020

PWS Plane

• Developer

OK. My download is finally complete and I could look myself. You need to unpack AS_PADERBORN-LIPPSTADT_MSFS_V1000.zip before you run the installer. If you don't do that the installer can not find the two .bin files.

Another problem here is that the installer does not allow you to change the location into which it is installed.  My installation of MSFS 2020 is on a dedicated drive F, to I need to change the location.  There is no way to do it with the installer supplied.

Roy

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, RoyNM sagte:

Another problem here is that the installer does not allow you to change the location into which it is installed.  My installation of MSFS 2020 is on a dedicated drive F, to I need to change the location.  There is no way to do it with the installer supplied.

Roy

As is my content folder. It worked without a problem. That said, I'm using the Steam version of MSFS.

• Root Admin

Unzip this file "AS_PADERBORN-LIPPSTADT_MSFS_V1000.zip" to an temp folder

AS_PADERBORN-LIPPSTADT_MSFS_V1000.exe
AS_PADERBORN-LIPPSTADT_MSFS_V1000-2.bin
AS_PADERBORN-LIPPSTADT_MSFS_V1000-1.bin

and now run the AS_PADERBORN-LIPPSTADT_MSFS_V1000.exe

NO path should be selected.

Unzipping to a Temp directory does not work.  I have attached a copy of where the installer insists that the files should go.  My community folder is on F:\.  Again the installer tells me to go back to change the settings.  Nothing  can be changed.  This is not the type of installer I have had with other Aerosoft products.  A copy of the screen I am seeing is attached.  Again, those locations cannot be changed.

Roy B.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, RoyNM said:

Unzipping to a Temp directory does not work.  I have attached a copy of where the installer insists that the files should go.  My community folder is on F:\.  Again the installer tells me to go back to change the settings.  Nothing  can be changed.  This is not the type of installer I have had with other Aerosoft products.  A copy of the screen I am seeing is attached.  Again, those locations cannot be changed.

Roy B.

This is absolutely correct. Unfortunately the installation of MSFS (no matter if DVD, MS od Steam download)is a bit weird and not really transparent as it orks with links. You will always see what your schreenshot shows.

I installed the MS download to my drive I:. But despite of this the MS installer alwayss creates the path under c:\user\YOURNAME\..... BUT from there it just links to the folder you have choosen when you installed MSFS and to this folder all files are going. So in the screenshot above you will never see something like F:/MSFS or the path where the files are physically stored.

Thank you for your explanation.  It forced me to look around a bit and then I decided to install.  All is working, but I have questions.  My concern about the installation in the first place was that I had installed on F.  When the installation of the Paderborn airport  came up, this forced me to look at the location given in the installer and indeed the Content Manager (called Official for a Microsoft Store installation) was on C in spite of what I thought my instructions were to put Flight Simulator on F.  I have little space left on C, but F is a new, unused 1 tb SSD which I planned to use for Flight Simulator.  Based on what you said, I installed the airport and it worked fine.  Nice detail.  Then looking at both C and F, it appears that the files are on both C and F.  The installation is on F but Content Manager and Community files appear to be on both drives.  Do you know if this is common or is it possible on a reinstall to get everything on F?  It is possible I did not pay attention when the Content Manager installed the 100 gb of files.  I know that this is not yours to solve, but any knowledge you can share on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Roy B.

Paderborn Airport installation doesn't work. It extracts all files correctly into the community folder, then wants to write something (AS-Updater) to my c:\documents folder but stops with several error messages. I tried installing with admin rights but it stops. I created the folders it's asking for (Aerosoft\ASUpdater) manually, also downloaded the xml-file from the sticky topic and copied it into the ASUpdater folder but it just stops and the only option is to cancel the installation.

I guess no Paderborn for me then.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, RoyNM said:

Thank you for your explanation.  It forced me to look around a bit and then I decided to install.  All is working, but I have questions.  My concern about the installation in the first place was that I had installed on F.  When the installation of the Paderborn airport  came up, this forced me to look at the location given in the installer and indeed the Content Manager (called Official for a Microsoft Store installation) was on C in spite of what I thought my instructions were to put Flight Simulator on F.  I have little space left on C, but F is a new, unused 1 tb SSD which I planned to use for Flight Simulator.  Based on what you said, I installed the airport and it worked fine.  Nice detail.  Then looking at both C and F, it appears that the files are on both C and F.  The installation is on F but Content Manager and Community files appear to be on both drives.  Do you know if this is common or is it possible on a reinstall to get everything on F?  It is possible I did not pay attention when the Content Manager installed the 100 gb of files.  I know that this is not yours to solve, but any knowledge you can share on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Roy B.

Roy, again, when you installed the MSFS and pointed it to your F drive, only Links are installed on your c drive. I know this is quite confusing, as even if you right click on such a folder  it still tells you "C:\...." with a size of over 100GB. When I got to the folder in the Windows Explorer I see this:

And the little blue arrow indicates that this  is a link

Thanks for the explanation.  This makes sense.  However, in checking on my C drive, there are no blue arrows on the directories.  So, I will just have to monitor this as time goes on.  If I see that the amount on my root drive C increases by the same amount as future installations, then I may have to reinstall and make sure of where the data goes.  Anyway, thanks for taking the time to point this out to me.  Helps me to understand the Flight Simulator installation.

Take care,

Roy Brent

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived