Sorry for my English but my German is worst and my French inappropriate!

Dont give up, you may succeed: I got my 10 disks on Saturday at 11 am and now on Monday 7 am i'm very close to fly. The software is downloading the update and we are at 12 Gb /16 Gb.

What was the events: 
1/ I try to load the disks but on disk 8 after few hours, stuck due to the well known now: CRC error...
2/ I read the forum and found that i'm not alone in this...
3/ Restart from disk 1 and on this second try, the stop occurs on disk5
4/ Decided to try a trick found on the forum: To copy the installation disks on the PC and then to launch the installation from the virtual disk.
5/I choose to create a directory for the DVD on my PC disc C:\ witch is on 1T SSD. I create DISK1, DISK2...DISQ10. It take roughly 35 mn per disk. So it was 4 PM yesterday when i tried to copy the disk8. I understood quickly that it will not be easy. I take a look  on the surface of the disk and discover a lot of defects. (All the  five disks on the bottom  line attached in the box 2,4,6,8,10) where free and may have been in contact.

6/disk8: After cleanup of the disk I restarted the copy. It stopped at 42% done but I decided to help the system (I imagine that there is an obstacle but there is an issue behind). So I monitored the speed of the data transmission and each time the speed fall to 0 I move the disk reader to help the software. Mbyte per Mbyte, % of completion per % of completion it go ahead. after two hours we reached 49% and the disk took its normal speed and reached the end of the process. Disk9 and 10. So it was time to start to watch the 4th round of the first Fedex game before go to sleep (dodo)
7 This morning 4 a clock I launched the installation from my virtual disk1 and the installation goes to the end without any help. After it was like in the booklet (like in a dream). Now the update process is at 15,26  GiB on 16,09.
The reason why I choose the box and not the download is the performance of my internet : 11,5 Mb     

Last but not least I'm 72 years old and i remember well my first FS on Apple that is on attic      

• Herman locked this topic

Archived