Abnormal system behaviour

craigy

Hi 

Previously I reported that the GPWS activates on departure from runway 12 using ORBX YBAS and the A320. I flew into and out of YBAS today and I think the GPWS activation maybe linked to the abnormal system behaviour. Usually when I fly into YBAS, I will complete a visual approach and set only the runway in the approach. The approach is completed, taxi in and shutdown. I then go through the turnaround process by loading the loadsheet and flight plan before closing doors and preparing for departure. When I select IGN/Start, the Wheels ECAM page remains visible instead of the ENG page. The wheel page was not specifically selected. After engine start and commencing taxiing, the takeoff checklist does not appear. And finally for descent, the descent point symbol is visible as well as the distance to TOD on the cruise page, although the Cruise page has to be manually selected. VNAV does not work for descent and a manual descent rate has to be applied. Speed changes operate normally.

I do a visual approach to ORBX YBRM and don't have this system behaviour.

Could the GPWS alarm be linked to the state the system is in?

I am using the latest versions of the A320 and Prepar3D 4.5.

Cheers

Craig

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Craig,

How long was the turnaround? There is a set time that the aircraft needs to reset everything after the flight, so I am wondering if you possibly did your turnaround so quickly that some features did not reset properly before starting the second flight. If I remember correct there should be at least 5 minutes between engine shutdown and starting the engines up again.

Hi,

The turnaround takes around 30 mins. What I do is through GSX disembark passengers then once  that is complete, load the loadsheet and load the flightplan etc. This occurs between 10-15 mins after shutdown.

Cheers.

Archived