Simstarter resetting VoicePlaybackDevice

pluckas

I'm using a different output device for voice playback in P3D. However, SIMstarter resets my VoicePlaybackDevice (ie, the "{xxxx .... xxxxx}" value) to the 'default' primary device on start up, requiring me to go into the Sound menu and change it every time I run P3D. 

I can save the value manually and it tests fine when not using SIMstarter to run P3D. As soon as I run SIMstarter again, it resets to the default playback device.

Is this a known issue?

Paul

All good for the time being. I managed to fix the problem by manually editing both P3D's config file, and SIMstarter's config file using a text editor.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Yes, this might be a good idea. As SIMstarter does not manage the PlaybackDevices it will overwrite the latest settings with the "Master SimConfigSet".

You can tell SIMstarrter NG P3D to just import the PlaybackDevice from the original prepar3d.cfg by editing:

C:\aerosoft\SIMstarter NG P3D\scheme\simCfgAutoUpdate.cfg

and add this to that file:

[SOUND]
PrimaryPlaybackDevice
VoicePlaybackDevice
VoiceCaptureDevice

After this it should look like this:

[SIM]
TowPlaneTitle
TowPlaneClimbPitch

[SOUND]
PrimaryPlaybackDevice